Is EVERY new Ford GT on Ebay?

Depressing really, it seems most of the people (with a few notable exeptions) who put their name down for a Ford GT, only did it with making a quick buck in mind.
Are the true enthusiasts those who are paying $150,000 OVER list?

this too shall pass.

supply and demand. production apparently hasn't ramped up, so it's still a trickle.

and for the record, the problem isn't the buyers, it's the dealers. i'm #1 on my dealer's list and i was told they'd be auctioning off the first two cars and i was welcome to join the bidding. i politely declined.

if and when production ramps to the levels where folks seem to think they'll be, supply will meet up to demand and the cars will be acquirable at or below sticker.

doody.

I don't believe these bastard's are actually selling the cars on e-Bay. I have watched a number of the auctions & more often than not, the reserve is never met. e-Bay appears to be the only one making out on the GT's for sale. Good for them I guess.

Tom,
did u see the one in Terrell TX last week?
it was there only a day and then off to Germany for a reported $200,000. Ebay is a funny place. If you bid more than $50 for anything good luck to you. You are truly an optimist.
Big Ford show slated for Rusk, TX for 4th july weekend. I will try to get more info from Shelby.

tommy

There is a GT at the local dealership
Wray Ford, Bossier City, LA
they are accepting bids over $200,000 only
i will take some photos tomorrow and get the link up
whopee, yeah!

ok, i took about 50 photos and will get them up after the Kentucky Derby today. The car is red with white stripes and the asking price is $235,000. Nice car, but i was surprised that it seemed much bigger than my gt40. May be just my imagination. I measured the stripes and they were 6 3/4" with 1" center. The tail lights were about 8" so I just dont know

Ron Earp

Admin
It is much bigger, did you see the comparison photos on this site of a CAV and Ford GT side by side?

Ron,
they do look much different in size, dont they.
i got the photos up on the local Ford GT
the link is http://www.clubphoto.com
search on tgdg
and it will be the middle album
i think you will see photos of the new GT not seen anywhere else and u can download at full resolution.\
thanks for the wonderful website you have here.
all my photos are 1/2 meg and should print ok up to 16x20
tommy
no i didn't have the $1 ticket that paid $980,000 at the derby yesterday or i would be driving a new red Ford!

THANK YOU for the very intersting information.
The last two within 200 miles from here sold for 234k U.S. dollars.I hope you are right, Ford continues to produce the GT and this price thing does not become the death of a nice looking Sports car. There is reason they call lawyers "solicitors" in GB. So if what the article you gave us is right, i will be able to buy the GT for 80k in two years. i think i would rather have the Shelby Mustang Cobra for that price. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for posting that link, Jim. Although it's hard to predict if and when Ford GTs will be commonly sold for MSRP, it's equally hard to argue with the laws of supply and demand. The unsold inventory is indeed a compelling reason why dealers who are sitting on their Ford GTs should think hard about the term "opportunity cost."

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
For what it's worth...
A search today of the Ford dealer locater system shows the following cars in dealer hands as of 5-14-05. Note that some of these may be sold but have not been delivered to the customer and are being kept for dealer floor traffic purposes and this does not count cars in transit:

Red cars 95
White cars 59
Black cars 30
Blue cars 18
Silver cars 10
Yellow cars 1
Total 213 cars

Conclusion? Your guess is as good as mine but obviously Yellow cars will the rare one in the future.

Also some dealer inventory does not show as they have it "blocked" from the locater system. I assume (with all the risks that word brings) that there are around 300 GTs on the ground in the US at dealers.

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Check out a listing on AutoTrader.com for a Ford GT in Longview, TX listed for under $200,000. In a conversation they indicated that they would consider dealing.

Almost EVERY new Ford GT is on Ebay. Haaaaaaa!!!!

I couldn't resist a look on ebay motors (US) - no less than 38 of the 2005's up for auction. All seem to be dealers. There's one dreamer in NJ with a buy-it-now for 245k! Haaaaaaa! He has the audacity to reply to someone questioning his high price with the following: the car will "APPRECIATE from when you buy it". Best guaranteed price appears to be at the dealer in Beverly Hills - only 20K over msrp for $163,345. And if you put down deposit of 50K and backout, they'll pay you 10% APR on your deposit upon return. Hmmm, not bad, certainly better than a savings account or CD!

Mitch D

Re: Almost EVERY new Ford GT is on Ebay. Haaaaaaa!!!!

While that dealer is insane, there are two with cars less than $190K (and no reserve) listed...

Re: Almost EVERY new Ford GT is on Ebay. Haaaaaaa!!!!

A white w/ blue went on display in Hawaii on a Sunday a month ago and went up for auction. A doctor bought it for $297,000 that day.

Back