Is there a build log anywhere for the SL-C?

Hi Alex,
I see your engine at Erik shop every time I visit. :thumbsup:

Yea, it's become a bit of a permanent fixture over there with the head dilemma we were facing for several months, lol :drunk:

See guys, my engine does exist, haha!

I offer to buy it from Erik. Just Kidding man.

Trade my engine for your Mosler .... I don't mind waiting another 20months for another engine =)

That's a serious offer ...... you know you want a 502cid built by Erik. Big heads, big cam, big n/a power ............... :D

Trade my engine for your Mosler .... I don't mind waiting another 20months for another engine =)

That's a serious offer ...... you know you want a 502cid built by Erik. Big heads, big cam, big n/a power ............... :D

Sure I will trade your engine and $ 300,000.00:thumbsup:

Re: MT900S

Hey Hassan... The Mosler is stunning and looks awesome around the track.

Post up some pics of yours. How is your G-Force/HKE plant feel in your car? What's your curb weight?

Hey Roberto... Did you finish your car yet? And what transaxle did you use? I am thinking of replacing my G50 with the Recardo,any advice.

2-1/2 years ago ;)

I'll be doing a build thread here and on one of the rotary forums when my car arrives in 4 months or so. I kind of geek out on those things and have done several others so it should be fairly detailed. I like doing them because it is a great way to hear others advice, ideas and criticism, good or bad, to help me along my way.

I also intended to do one, but didn't feel like it after assembling my build manual, too much work, hehe.

I guess you havn't done one yet because you've been busy rebuilding your rotary every few hundred miles, eh =)

Hey Roberto... Did you finish your car yet? And what transaxle did you use? I am thinking of replacing my G50 with the Recardo,any advice.

Getting close. Just waiting on my engine accessory brackets and tensioner to fire up the new HKE setup w/Jenvey itbs.

What are the gear ratios in the GT2 trans? Do you have a g50 or a g96 or g97 trans?

It depends on the ratios you have. There is a GT2 or GT3 trans that has decent ratios for a NA v8 and is plenty strong. I don't remember the info anymore though. If it's the short ratios, I would go with the Ricardo, but if it's the strong g96 or g97 with the taller gearing, I would stick with the Porsche personally. Tough call though.

I have the Ricardo in my SLC.

I also intended to do one, but didn't feel like it after assembling my build manual, too much work, hehe.

I guess you havn't done one yet because you've been busy rebuilding your rotary every few hundred miles, eh =)
Proprietary information. As I've said before, as soon as Jack starts one, I will too :lipsrsealed:
Besides, no one wants to see rotary stuff on this forum anyways.

If I can get off my arse to order the new rear clip I will soon be starting to fit the body, at which time I'm sure I will come to appreciate all the hard work you've done and documented for the rest of us. When I'm done, someday, I'll return the favor and document how to install a rotary in an SL-C so when you realize all that useless low end torque you'll have is good for nothing except increasing your tire budget and throttle oversteer, you can install a real engine this car truly deserves :chug:

Proprietary information. As I've said before, as soon as Jack starts one, I will too :lipsrsealed:
Besides, no one wants to see rotary stuff on this forum anyways.

If I can get off my arse to order the new rear clip I will soon be starting to fit the body, at which time I'm sure I will come to appreciate all the hard work you've done and documented for the rest of us. When I'm done, someday, I'll return the favor and document how to install a rotary in an SL-C so when you realize all that useless low end torque you'll have is good for nothing except increasing your tire budget and throttle oversteer, you can install a real engine this car truly deserves :chug:

So I guess the next question is, which will come first going forward - the rotary powered SLC, or a 1000hp V8 917.

Only time will tell...dun dun dun.

Btw, a bajillion RWtq @ 2000rpm isn't useless - it lets me swing my e-penis out there, far and wide and with pride :laugh:

Getting close. Just waiting on my engine accessory brackets and tensioner to fire up the new HKE setup w/Jenvey itbs.

What are the gear ratios in the GT2 trans? Do you have a g50 or a g96 or g97 trans?

It depends on the ratios you have. There is a GT2 or GT3 trans that has decent ratios for a NA v8 and is plenty strong. I don't remember the info anymore though. If it's the short ratios, I would go with the Ricardo, but if it's the strong g96 or g97 with the taller gearing, I would stick with the Porsche personally. Tough call though.

I have the Ricardo in my SLC.
Thanks Roberto. It is 6 speed with 3.818, 2.05, 1.41, 1.118, 0.920, 0.595, and final drive 3.44:1 at this time I am running 335/30-20 tires and I might upgrade to 345/30-20 Michlin super sport?
I would like to see more pics of your car & engine etc. Thanks

. Roberto, I know you had the Harrop unit for awhile so your expert input is helpful as well.

Doc, here is a video (click on the picture to view the video) of me tuning my c6 with the Harrop on the dyno with the help of some friends. If you listen closely in the beginning when I start the ignition and the car is idling it's not easy to tell it's running. It idled dead smooth at 700-750rpm with a cam that had 39 degrees of overlap. The throttle crack tuning was tricky since it was dbw. If you cracked the butterflies an 1/8" and multiply that by 8 with the infinite plenum factor and the car launched from lights like a jackrabbit (unintended) until I took out loads of low speed timing, and slowed the etc values in HPtuners. Low speed drivability was the tough part to tune but it made good power with a power band the size of the Grand Canyon.

Actual HP made that run:

CCF10302010_00001.jpg

SAE Corrected Sheet:

CCF10302010_00000.jpg

Hassan: 1st is awful low, but the rest look pretty usable to me and the gaps nice. Is this the g96 or g97 GT2 trans? I would keep it if it was. How does it feel actually driving it?

Here is a link to my SLC build thread: http://www.gt40s.com/forum/slc-clubhouse/34136-slc-build-thread-chassis-53-a.html

Last edited:
Back