Is there a build log anywhere for the SL-C?

Craig, congrats! Bet you are excited!

If possible would you mind if I popped up at some point to see the car? I am likely to be doing Silverstone or Mallory Park (or both) on the bike some time soon hopefully.

There has been a challenge laid down, I'm likely to die... My particularly fast friend on his Bros (Hawk GT to you yanks ;) 400 Vs. Me on my ZX6R..... yes, he is that quick.... I think....

Fran may understand ;) Sticky rubber at the ready.... oh god....

Once again Craig, congrats!

Ted,

Fran has a separate website for the Superlites already! But knowing that he has extensive background in building some of the finest replica racers to be had via his RCR website can't hurt his credibility!

had a rare oportunity to line up a mosler MT900S to the factory built SL-C.

The SL-C delux interior wins hands down to the mosler and inner cockpit area (different league)
Was very disapointed under the body of the Mosler with the chassis subframes and suspension parts and any gain in carbon mono was lost in these area. The SL-C is much more of a work of art.
Looks are subjective but in my eyes the SL-C again wins
Mosler brand name wins...at the moment!!!
price...well i need to go and look up the price of a mosler to give a true comparison.

To be fair unless the Mosler you saw is a year or less old you were comparing a pre-production model. Mosler only recently started public delivery (George Lucas got the first one). Those earlier cars were track focus only and had no interior to speak of. They just stuck a stereo in there and a Stack dash with a buch of off the shelf switches and called it a day. I have been in a new Mosler and they are quite nice.

OLD INTERIOR
moslermt900s4lp0.jpg

NEW INTERIOR
DSCF0722_0144.jpg

Mosler has a very good racing pedigree both in Brit car and Bel car as well as GT300 in Japan and Australia. If the SL-C can compare to a Mosler around a track with like power plants then Fran is going to be quite busy once the automotive press gets their hands on one.

Craig Gillingham

Banned because I can't follow the forum rules.
Craig, congrats! Bet you are excited!

If possible would you mind if I popped up at some point to see the car? I am likely to be doing Silverstone or Mallory Park (or both) on the bike some time soon hopefully.

There has been a challenge laid down, I'm likely to die... My particularly fast friend on his Bros (Hawk GT to you yanks ;) 400 Vs. Me on my ZX6R..... yes, he is that quick.... I think....

Fran may understand ;) Sticky rubber at the ready.... oh god....

Once again Craig, congrats!

Ben....ecstatic.... had a vision of what a fully finished SL-C would turn out like when i visited his shop last August but the fully finished quality is something to behold and far exceeded my expectations...The lads in Frans shop also need a mention on the sterling job they have done.

I agree the current Moslers which I viewed at SEMA this year were first class IMO. Nice shape, nice interior, proper size wheels and rubber and a nice body shape to boot. I certainly would have one if I rolled in that kind of dough. But then "everyone" would have one would they not? If our cars run in the current Mosler league then we can be proud, if they exceed then that's frosting on the cake ... and that's what in trying to build in .....me likes frosting

Can't edit me typing...
Mosler has come a long way, I forget what they were called when they first started BUTT they WERE BUTT ugly. They had this horrid split front windshield two panes of flat glass joined by this big black seam in the center .....urrpp. I think maybe they were called Consuler (?) if I have that connection rightor ....

They were the Raptor and the Consulier. They were amazingly ugly. To quote road and track, "It has a look that makes mama bears want to eat their young."
bw3823.jpg

Not sure if Warren Mosler himself penned that shap (on an etch-n-sketch no doubt) but he said all that really mattered was it was fast. Not true!!! Mostly what matters is that it is fast but that kind of ugly could leave a mark.

Girf,

"...but that kind of ugly could leave a mark":

Nice Double Entendre!! That design could have been the end of the Mosler mark for sure!

Craig

How is the delivery of your SL-C progressing? Your blog page has a date of March 2009. As one of the few completed SL-C's, I think you have a rather captive audience. :lurker:

Chris

Craig has his car in the UK and is awaiting final IVA approval in a week or two.
I'm sure we'll all hear from him then.

Hi Roberto,
The car weigh around 2450 lb with fuel and the new engine. It has a lot of torque. I am in the process of replacing the FAST 102mm intake with the Harrop ITB intake. I kept waiting for the new LS7 intake from Harrop since I sow it at the PRI show in Orlando but it was taking too long? So I cancelled my order and went with the older unit. I love the response so far on the throttle. I will put on the dyno sometime this month I have been very busy. In the mean time hear is some Pics buddy. Enjoy.

Attachments

• MT900GTR8.jpg
    MT900GTR8.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 275
  • MT900GTR10.jpg
    MT900GTR10.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 263
  • MT900GTR9.jpg
    MT900GTR9.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 263
Hear is Pics of a new 2011 Mosler MT900S twin turbo just shipped to the middle east.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 289
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 285
Hi Roberto,
The car weigh around 2450 lb with fuel and the new engine. It has a lot of torque. I am in the process of replacing the FAST 102mm intake with the Harrop ITB intake. I kept waiting for the new LS7 intake from Harrop since I sow it at the PRI show in Orlando but it was taking too long? So I cancelled my order and went with the older unit. I love the response so far on the throttle. I will put on the dyno sometime this month I have been very busy. In the mean time hear is some Pics buddy. Enjoy.

You sure you wouldn't rather wedge Caleb's intake under there :)

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/rcr-forum-rcr40-slc-p4-mkiv/34938-carbon-crossram-intake-alex-others.html

Hasson,

Welcome! I am the LSx 102 FAST manifold and a Williams DBW 105mm TB currently. I am intrigued by the Harrop unit so any input you can give to sway me from the FAST setup would be appreciated. Roberto, I know you had the Harrop unit for awhile so your expert input is helpful as well.

I did talk to Caleb at the PRI show. It was not available for sale at that time? That's why I bought the Harrop.

It is now ... simple solution - sell Harrop, buy twin carbon throttle body, make more power. =)

I need to use it for the 502 Erik is building for me.

Doc,
I will share my experience with the Harrop ITB intake as soon as I put some miles on the new engine and intake. I do drive my car daily when I can? It has over 8K miles the new engine has 700 miles only. It is not a hanger queen by any mean.

Back