Its Here!

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks for the valuable information. I am looking for the information for clutch, clutch slave/master, flywheel, starter components to get that all mated up.

Hi Marc

check this post http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-tech-powertrain-transaxles/30917-my-sbf-clutch-setup.html#post289361

i developed this setup in order to be able to use standard GT3/GT2 performance components. This gives you the flexibility to choose from 5 different friction plates and three different pressureplates.
THe starter will fit without any clearance issues on the RCR chassis.
The only thing we would need to change from the Ford setup is the flywheel.
We would need to machine it to the correct offset and the LS7 mounting flange dimension. No big deal, we have the CNC programm and just need to change this parameters. The only dimension i would need from you is the offset from the surface of the adapaterplate ( where the G96 mounts to) to the surface of your crank mounting surface ( where the flywheel mounts to) and a sketch of the chevy bolt pattern. I can get this from Fran also.
Attached is an excel chart where i calculated the forces needed on the clutch pedal. With the standard porsche slave and 3/4"master you are at app 50 lbs force needed at a pedal travel of app 5 ". One could shorten the pedal travel to 4" by using an 7/8" master, force would be 60 lbs than.
This setup is using the standard porsche RS release bearing and release fork with standard porsche slave.

Attached also the bespoke gear ratio charts. One is for a G96/50 which is the 996 Turbo box, the other one is for your G96/90 (GT3 box). We are installing a modified G96/50 (converted to 2WD)into a RCR MK2 with a KCR 408. (pic attached) We are using the described clutch and starter setup. This engine turns around 6250 RPM and has 17" wheels. The other table is setup for your application with the LS 7 where i put max RPM at 7000. You just need to measure and change the value for your rear tire diameter (purple cell C3). YOu can see that you have a pretty short 1st ( perfect for stop and go city traffic) and as of 2nd nice RPM drops and a perfect performance and track gearing.

Here are pics from the testfit on my car
PICT3998.jpg

PICT3997.jpg

If you are interested give me a call(01149 / 176 /11 77 00 33) or send an email to
[email protected]

Thanks TOM

Attachments

• PorscheG96TAsGearSpeedCalculator.xls
    80.5 KB · Views: 212
  • clutchreleasecalculation(1).xls
    25 KB · Views: 214
Hi Tom,

There appears to be a considerable amount of negative caster angle in those uprights. Is that normal?

Mark

Back