I've got a good brain teaser.

Re: We have new data!

Hi Gary,

Just checking in to see how this is going for you? Any progress? Did you get a chance to test w/o a thermostat?

Also, have you implemented Franks Rear Radius Arm retro-fit kit yet? Mind if I call you to dicuss that?

I have all cooling system issues sorted. I would say the "problem" was a combination of issues: One particular freeze plug that had a tendancy to come out, and over driving the pump (OEM drive of 25%). I added 3 #8 screws with large washers to help retain the plug, and slowed the pump down by ~25%. Now the pressures are more reasonable. The plug has held in well. During last weekends VIR track days I did 6 sessions of 25 minutes 5 of which I ran A/C the whole time and the water temps stayed between 185 - 194 deg F! Considering the ambient temps were 85 - 90 F and track temperatures were 130 F. Will put together a summary and post on my website. I also mentioned in another thread that I posted pictures of the VIR weekend on my site.

I have implemented a rear end hiem joint upgrade on my car and am very happy with this setup. Call if you have questions.

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen

Gary,

I really wanted to come up to VIR, but just couldn't make it. I really hate that I missed you! Sorry!

Lynn

Next time ping me ahead of time and we can put you up if you'd like. I am just a little over an hour away from the track.

Thanks for the offer Lynn. We actually tried staying at the track in the trailer. Worked out pretty well. They have 110V electrical hookup and showers, etc. Brought the gas grill and cooler full of cold ones, and had the air matresses on the floor.

I think I am going to go to the Summit Point event in September. They have something like 3 events scheduled their this fall. Should be fun.

Back