Jeff's RCR40

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
I figure that if the front clip hinges are below the rear bottom corners of the clip, you have no clearance problem as these corners will start to immediately move forward as you lift the clip.

If the hinges are higher than the rear bottom corners, you would either have to open the doors first, or do the "lift & separate" exercise like the '57 Chev mentioned !

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

No problem with the doors when opening.

It makes noise!!! I just started it for the first time tonight. The starter works fine. I cranked it over until I seen oil pressure and then shot some juice to the ignition and it fired up.
Jeff Hamilton

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
SWEET!!!!!!!!

That's gotta make your sticker peck right out there!!! :)

How does it sound?

Hood hinge again the forth time is a charm.

Attachments

• CIMG1817.jpg
    CIMG1817.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 540
Here is another. I found the bearings at the hardware store. Fully adjustable and rock solid. I used the same adjustment set up as Fran did for the rear clip.

Attachments

• CIMG1814.jpg
    CIMG1814.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 531

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Looks great Jeff. Nice execution of concept.

One question/concern....Have you tried tilting the front end with the car on the ground? I notice it's on the skates, and am concerned about ground clearance. It would suck if you finalized the design and the nose hit pavement the first time you flipped it up.

Last edited:
I have had it off the skates and it opens fine. I didn't move the pivot point from the first 3 hinges I made. Now it needs some struts on it to keep it up.
Thanks,
Jeff Hamilton

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Now that looks really slick there Jeff... I hope to see more shots of it!

I'm really starting to get the bug now... You guys are all so far ahead of me!

How did it go with painting inside the nostrils and the pass through area by the back window?

I was at Sears the night before I shot the stripes and seen a laser level there that was on sale. It has a magnet mount and worked perfect to make the tape line. I marked the cars center front and rear and lined the laser up with both marks. The laser level shows exactly where the line goes in the nostril.
Jeff Hamilton

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Good idea on the laser!
I like the stripe going all the way down inside the nostrils..

I went in for inspection 2 weeks ago. Ohio has changed the inspection process a little and one of the things they need to see on the car is 2 rear view mirrors. I have looked for some time for the right mirror and found something I like. I was at a friends house and next to his barn was 2 1978 Camaro Z-28 doors. I said hey what are you going to do with them mirrors. He said you can have them if you take the doors with them. The drivers side is remote.
Jeff Hamilton

Back