Jeremy Clarkson column pulled by the Times.

I don't think eucalyptus would grow very well in my region, but do you reckon they would eat kibble? I could use a good guard animal, and a drop-bear looks like just the ticket to keep the nosy neighbors at bay...

Oh dear it looks like the secret is out!
Of course you can befriend the odd drop bear which can be beneficial.

YouTube - Drop Bear

That depends,

Is Kibble a cat or is it a dog?

If it's a cat then probably only if desperate, the insides of a cat pong too much (even for a drop bear), but a dog - no problem.
A little known fact is that the drop bear is responsible for the name "Dingo". It used to be called a "Ding" but the question "where the hell did my Ding go?" became so common in country areas that the name became corrupted.

As for Eucalyptus, they'll grow pretty much anywhere but talking about trees and danger: what about this for scary - 'Fir tree' sprouts in man's lung...
Even the trees'll get you over there...

Tim

Last edited:
Well, I rather like my pets. But there are some children in the neighborhood that nobody would mind if they went missing...

That depends,

Is Kibble a cat or is it a dog?

If it's a cat then probably only if desperate, the insides of a cat pong too much (even for a drop bear), but a dog - no problem. ;)

As for Eucalyptus, they'll grow pretty much anywhere but talking about trees and danger: what about this for scary - 'Fir tree' sprouts in man's lung...
Even the trees'll get you over there...

Tim

Ah yes the Hoop-snake. Driven almost to extinction by its only known predator - itself. A process known as Autopredicide, or in Australia as "so long sucker" (Also the thought process behind the description of the last fish an Australian almost caught.

Pete, don't mention the bunyip whatever you do!
And don't bother looking at Bunyip - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - well they SAY it's mythical and anyway the last confirmed attack by one was weeks ago, so not worth worrying people about...

Apparently it's also the sound a New Zealander makes when he's asked if he wants a bun. ;)

Tim.

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Don't worry mate I wont mention the b.yip, fancy Wikipedia claiming it is mythical. Obviously they have never been anywhere outback during the full Moon.
Anyway how about the 40ft wingspan Magpie Eagle they are nearly as dangerous as the B...yip. Attached are photos of the giant Magpie Eagle attacking a light aircraft. Fortunately pilot and crew were able to land with no casualty's.

Attachments

• Lozz_Shocky_010.jpg
    Lozz_Shocky_010.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 248
  • Lozz_Shocky_011.jpg
    Lozz_Shocky_011.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 256
  • Lozz_Shocky_013.jpg
    Lozz_Shocky_013.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 254
  • Lozz_Shocky_016.jpg
    Lozz_Shocky_016.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 254
Pete and Tim are as sane as the next man. (Little do they know that I'm the next man).

No-one's mentioned red-backs on the toilet seats in Oz yet.

Lost my plot years ago. Good thing too, it's the last place I want to end up. ;)
Can't speak for Pete'. :)

Have you folk seen the latest episodes of Top Gear yet?
Good question from them - what car companies do you think have produced the most "great" cars?
Leaves the definition of great up to you (for now at least).

Ford is mentioned (of course) but what others?
Also it'd be interesting to find out what you all think are the "great" Fords, apart from the GT40 obviously.

Tim.

Last edited:
Back