Jim's RCR Lola build.

Congrats Jim! Plan to run it on the street? What's the registration process like where you live?

Please keep the thread updated with your progress and send us some under-the-body shots when you can!

Jim Albright

Supporter
Congrats Jim! Plan to run it on the street? What's the registration process like where you live?

Please keep the thread updated with your progress and send us some under-the-body shots when you can!
Brian,
I do plan to drive it on the street. The process here is not too bad - a friend got his 63 Corvette gran sport registered and titled at DMV in less than an hour!

Jim Albright

Supporter
Plugging away at my punch list - Steam vent kit installed, dipstick installed, water pump installed, Rearview mirror backup camera installed, battery installed, ignition coils mounted and wired, plug wires on, heat insulation installed on underside of tail, pedal assembly mounted, tow bracket mounted, lots of cleanup done, engine wiring harness nearly done. Still working on mounting the A/C compressor and mini alternator, installing the ATI damper, running the coolant hoses to the engine, mounting the seats and belts, filling and bleeding the clutch and brakes, switching out the rims for polished versions and a few other details.
20230719_121137.jpg
IMG_7398.jpg

Living in Virginia makes it a necessity:)

I'm in TX with no AC! And driving to a track event this weekend in about 105 degree weather :). I do have a little battery powered misting fan and took off the windows, it helps.

I bent a spinner just like Olf there. After the expense of buying new ones (the deep angle ones), bought a tool from Old Timer Tools. Looks like you're doing it right the first time!

Jim Albright

Supporter
Made enough progress to get the car mobile while working out the remaining bugs, so today was a good test of the trailer. Got a set of race ramps which worked well with no nose scraping and the car fits the trailer well and tows smoothly. 3 hours each way to VIR for the Haggarty car show today)
20231006_155549.jpg
20231006_171227.jpg
20231006_171049.jpg
20231007_113352.jpg
20231007_115716.jpg
20231007_122327.jpg

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Good to hear that you were able to make the show. Looks like the weather cooperated also. Have you gotten to put any miles on it yet??

Regards Brian

Jim Albright

Supporter
Good to hear that you were able to make the show. Looks like the weather cooperated also. Have you gotten to put any miles on it yet??

Regards Brian
Not yet - still have gremlins to chase (fuel pressure regulator leaking, brakes need bled, needs wheel alignment, CV joint boots will not stay on) and a trip to DMV once I get the MSO back from RCR

Back