RCR Spline dimension

PaulProe

Supporter
Hoping one of the RCR guys can help me with a couple dimensions. Planning an RCR build and doing some preliminary work.

The RCR GT40 frame has a spline that runs fore and aft. Can anyone supply me with the ID and OD dimensions of the aluminum tube that makes up this spline? This is a shot of the front of it in the nose area

Spline.png

Thanks

Paul

Hoping one of the RCR guys can help me with a couple dimensions. Planning an RCR build and doing some preliminary work.

The RCR GT40 frame has a spline that runs fore and aft. Can anyone supply me with the ID and OD dimensions of the aluminum tube that makes up this spline? This is a shot of the front of it in the nose area

View attachment 134969

Thanks

Paul
It’s 2”x 6” with .25 wall

PaulProe

Supporter
It’s 2”x 6” with .25 wall
Adam, that would make the ID 1-1/2" Are the coolant tubes then substantially smaller than 1-1/2" I understand the interior is full but really confused by all this. Is the 1/4" wall correct?
My RCR Lola should be the same - it's 6 inches by 1 3/4 inches (ID)
Jim, a 1-3/4" ID would accept a 1-1/2" coolant tube with some type of insulation wrap but a tight fit.

I don't have direct access to an RCR build right now so I don't know what size the coolant tubes are. Trying to figure out if I can snake a 1" link tube between the two fuel tanks - it would have to snake under the coolant tubes to be effective and not sure if the coolant tubes can be raised any inside the tunnel/spline

Really appreciate your help on this

Paul

Jim Albright

Supporter
Adam, that would make the ID 1-1/2" Are the coolant tubes then substantially smaller than 1-1/2" I understand the interior is full but really confused by all this. Is the 1/4" wall correct?

Jim, a 1-3/4" ID would accept a 1-1/2" coolant tube with some type of insulation wrap but a tight fit.

I don't have direct access to an RCR build right now so I don't know what size the coolant tubes are. Trying to figure out if I can snake a 1" link tube between the two fuel tanks - it would have to snake under the coolant tubes to be effective and not sure if the coolant tubes can be raised any inside the tunnel/spline

Really appreciate your help on this

Paul
Paul,
RCR did a fuel tank cross connect line on mine just aft of the lower bulkhead behind the seats. It's tight, but I have all hoses routed above the level of the floor pan so nothing will catch on any road debris. The attached pics are the before and after. I also had RCR install a layer of insulation over the spine inside the car.

Best Regards,
Jim

Attachments

• 20230629_151617.jpg
    20230629_151617.jpg
    449.1 KB · Views: 76
  • fs1cce6p.png
    fs1cce6p.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Per my discussion with Jim about his Lola, I went to RCR armed with some 1.5” tubing and some heat dissipating sleeving . I use this at work and it works great. Ken posted about it in page 41 post 808 on his build thread here.
I can verify it does fit in the RCR chassis that I checked.

Regards Brian

PaulProe

Supporter
Thanks, Brian. Curious on a couple points
1) what is the sleeving you used? Brand? Part No?.

2) how much difference is there between the RCR frames of
  • GT40
  • Lola
  • GT-R
  • SLC
Are they all essentially the same with some dimensional changes? I've looked for pictures of the various frames however Fran's site doesn't go into this detail and this site makes it very difficult to search photos.

Paul T.

Supporter
Paul, I'm in the process of doing mine now and a 11/2 tube with insulation and shrink sleeve does fit. I've got a lot going in mine. Won't have room for a crossover. If I do one it will be at the rear bulkhead.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Paul, I like Ken purchased mine from McMaster Carr. Part number 7569K15
It is blue and with the 1.5” tubing fits nicely. It is a heat dissipating sleeve. There are other sleeves out there, but this one helps dissipate the heat. I had thoughts of using 1-3/4” and make the tubes oval. As far as the RCR spines, I believe they are the same height and width among the cars. You can verify with Fran. They are closed until January 3rd.
Regards Brian

Klaf

Supporter
I used that sleeve in my RCR gt40. Just make sure you put the brake lines in first. I found it easiest to put the sleeve through the tunnel and then feed the tube through the sleeve. I could not advance the tube and sleeve in together.

Chuck

Supporter
Perhaps this link will help:

Back