Joing to learn

Hey everyone. My name is Matt from Cincinnati. I have been in love with the GT40 for as long as I can remember. I've always been predictable and practical with my cars (sadly). I've been looking through this site and the more I look at the SLC the more I like it. The GT is iconic and the SLC exotic. It's impossible to choose a build.

I've read all their sites and how it's a DIY car but the stuff you guys do to these cars is insane. Know how/where to put this, cut here, etc etc is amazing. I'm doing this as a gift to myself for becoming a practitioner and its time i do something for myself lol. I haven't purchased yet but intend to soon.

I'm curious if anyone has ever thought of putting an engine in these or the SLC other than Ford chevy or dodge. I'm just curious if anyone has done an import Mainly in the SLC. In the GT I couldn't put anything in it other than a ford.

Im 6'4" so if I go with the GT it'll be the GTR. Just curious on the degree of difficulty with the SLC vs GTR build. No matter what it'll all be difficult for me lol and I hope I can get some of you really Barney it down for me when I ask for help.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40S Matt. Nice introduction. You might want to jump down to the Super Lite forum below. There are builds there with various engines. You could also post your questions there. There’s a great bunch of builders in there too.

Regards Brian

Reactions: MLH

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40s.com, Matt... I believe Fran Hall of RCR stated that he has had customers that were 6'6" fit inside the RCR40-MK1 without a Gurney Bubble. There is additional footwell space in that car. Check with RCR for more details.

Reactions: MLH

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Hi Matt,

I'm 6' 3" and I fit just fine in my RCR40. The good thing about building a car for yourself is you can make it fit you exactly. I love mine!

Chris

Back