Just a thought....!

TonyM

Lifetime Supporter
Hi,

I was reading the T&L posts and started thinking about engine warranties etc. Although T&L is offering a 3 year/36,000 mile warranty how many GT40s are out there that have ran up that kind of mileage and within 3 years. I think the highest I've seen on one for sale was 5,000 miles.

Anyone out there with lots of miles on thier car?

Cheers,

Tony, I think the bigger issue is time, not miles. Many people have the engine installed for a year or two before they get to first start. Kind of the opposite from my daily driver where I always exceed the warranty milage long before the time.

TonyM

Lifetime Supporter
That's was what I was trying to get at, how many GT40s have any significant mileage on them after 3 years. In the US I'm guessing most are insured as collector cars with a 3k limit and all of us are honest..right?

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Tony

It's also a question about insurance. Here in Oz we have policies that allow you to only travel 3K, 5k, 8k, 10k etc, each with a $value against it. I think this would contribute to the useage of the car.
A few weeks ago I did approx 250kms but have been so busy I haven't even seen the car in the garage since. For me, the 3000km (1875mls) limit on my policy is fine, and if I had a T&L engine, it would take me over 19 years to hit that mileage.

Bill

Back