Just recently joined

I jumped on board a few days ago. Just found the site and enjoyed the hours of what vast knowledge is here. I am a long time fan of the GT40 and for decades always wished to own one. I figured it may happen if I build a car. Strangely, I decided to give it a try, but with a ford powered Lola T70. Being of modest means , I decided that I wasn't going to let price keep me from fulfilling one of my many dreams. So, I am going to do as much work as I can on a Lola coupe and spread the $ over a few years to make it work for me. Where am I at now, just the planning and designing stage. I will need to get a chassis as I am no real engineer. I will worry about the dreaded trans axle down the line and hope some less pricey solution comes along. I have decided to go with a 351C, like the panteras, because I have alot of parts for that engine and can save some there. I have nothing much to speak of other than a couple of autolite inline 4 carbs on a adjustable Doug Nash manifold for a 351 and 302. All that being said let me add....HI! I am new here, nice to meet you all.

Hi There Walt, welcome aboard. I am probaly from as far away as you could expect how ever I have been to Colorado, drove from LV past the Hoover dam down to stay a night at the Grand Canyon. Really loved the place and plan on getting back one day soon.I am sure you will find this site as informative as ever.
Cheers

Back