L.M.P. track/race debut

I wish it was MAM! I'd probably have to go and stand around like I was doing something. Nice track layout if you ever get the chance.

So, before I make hotel reservations to come see the LMP. What all will you have ready to debut? Chassis and body? Will it be mounted up and in roller format? Come on tease us a little more to help on the long drive over....need something to keep me awake in anticipation :D

So, before I make hotel reservations to come see the LMP. What all will you have ready to debut? Chassis and body? Will it be mounted up and in roller format? Come on tease us a little more to help on the long drive over....need something to keep me awake in anticipation :D

Below is from the Superlite Facebook page. It's going to be spanking everything on the track (except maybe the SLC 01 if it is there as well) more than likely even while they are testing/tuning it.

First test and race session for new LMP1 announced

The new RCR/Superlite LMP1 car will debut on Friday, April 26th at Mid Ohio Sportscar Course. The event will be a Friday test & tune session, with a 3-hour enduro (that we will probably ...use as a test session), then the regular NASA Saturday and Sunday race program as usual.

Details are on the NASA Midwest site here: http://www.nasamidwest.com/rungroups/race/?page=EventInfo&eventid=25690

This is a chance to see the debut of what promises to be an extremely fast track missile. The car will run in the NASA Super Unlimited class, reserved for no-holds-barred cars with unlimited power and chassis modifications, so look for the LMP1 to see stiff competition from proven, fast cars.

We are looking forward to it!

Last edited:
Fran... for the people who are too far away to attend... are you planning on posting pics & video in this thread?

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Are NASA races open to spectators? Does it cost anything, or do you just show up? No info on the NASA or Mid-Ohio websites on this.

Thanks,
Pete

Howard Jones

Supporter
The NASA 25 Hr race at Thunder Hill in California was $10 per person and free parking the last time I went in 2011. I would expect about the same at most events. Certainly nothing as expensive as a Pro race like Indy Car or ALMS etc.

I'll bet they're working 24/7 right about now.

Without a doubt they are burning the midnight oil to get the LMP done.

I feel like a kid at x-mas time... so I'm just trying to figure out if x-mas morning is gonna be this week or next week:thumbsup:

You are right guys...lots going on at the shop.

We will be leaving this afternoon to head to Mid Ohio for the LMP debut.

This weekend will be a lot of shakedown so its going to be a busy one...

Pics to follow during the weekend .....

We ran on the dyno yesterday and we have a very conservative tune in the engine making around 570 hp to the wheelswith 540ft/lbs.

The engine ran cool with no major mishaps, just a small oil leak to be sorted...

Back