Last Post - Honest - Kackered

Keith

As regards thread drift - Syria is a tad more important than my lungs so drift away my friends.

I'm delighted that these matters are being discussed in a mature fashion, and, as David says, the British public will NEVER forgive Bliar and his cronies for their blatant lies to the nation, just so he can imitate his great hero, Margaret Thatcher - who's boots he was not fit to lick.

It's not going to happen again - and I'm glad to see the American Public also being suitably cynical.

Steve

Supporter
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-zf2UBp7fY]Fletch (2/10) Movie CLIP - Bend Over, Mr. Babar (1985) HD - YouTube[/ame]

I am sorry, I don't understand.... :huh:
Just not funny if you have to explain. It's how they do a hernia exam over here. They push a finger up into your scrotum, you turn your head so you don't puke on them and then cough so they can feel a hernia. What the video shows above is a prostate exam, not the same thing, or nearly as much fun, depending.
I would have just asked "How's lung infection goin', wheezer?" but that might not have been appropriate for the Paddock, and I am nothing if not appropriate.

Last edited:

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Evidently they ARE using napalm as well. Assad's "troops" will stop at nothing, that one thing is quite clear indeed.

I'm particularly incensed with Assad because he's a physician. Not only is he a disgrace to humanity, he's a disgrace to medicine. He ought to be on the nearest lamp post just like Mussolini.

Steve

Supporter
Just not funny if you have to explain. It's how they do a hernia exam over here. They push a finger up into your scrotum, you turn your head so you don't puke on them and then cough so they can feel a hernia. What the video shows above is a prostate exam, not the same thing, or nearly as much fun, depending.
I would have just asked "How's lung infection goin', wheezer?" but that might not have been appropriate for the Paddock, and I am nothing if not appropriate.

It was the closest I could find. I'm sure Keith has had the (dis)pleasure of a good prostate exam and Fletch is a funny movie.

Now, when doing the hernia exam, are you checking for a direct or indirect inguinal hernia....

It was the closest I could find. I'm sure Keith has had the (dis)pleasure of a good prostate exam and Fletch is a funny movie.

Now, when doing the hernia exam, are you checking for a direct or indirect inguinal hernia....
Not being a doctor, I try to avoid poking around other men's genitalia myself, but Google probably knows if you check. Be careful how you word your search though or you'll need brain bleach to wipe the images from your memory!
:thumbsup:Fletch

Steve

Supporter
:laugh:Just yanking your chain a bit Doug.:laugh: Haven't done a hernia (or prostate) exam since medical school, planning to keep that streak alive until retirement....

Keith

You will remember I had a heart scare and I consulted emergency doctors who recommended an ordinary X-ray and an Echocardiogram.

No biggie, but here is the outcome:

I never made it to the regular x-Ray as I have been pretty much unwell since September and haven't had the ability or the confidence to travel the 1 mile to the hospital by scooter (I am ridiculously affected by changing ambient conditions like humidity, temperature and above all by any movement at all on my feet).

I received an appointment for an ECG at Southampton Hospital at 1830. Following hours of fruitless discussions with various people I had to cancel - no way could I travel 20 miles under my own steam, it was out of hours for Patient Transport and I couldn't find anyone locally. Yes I know David M would have driven the 200 mile round trip to do it, but I couldn't in all honesty ask him to do it.

So, I had to cancel via the on-line service and request a new appointment. 2 months later, I have not yet received one.

But, all is not lost. I saw my Consultant last week and she's a diamond. She quickly organised a new appointment at my local hospital for, er, 1030 tomorrow morning. Judging by my present condition, there is no way in God's earth I can make that (haven't been able to get upstairs to bed for the past two days) but there is a chance if I could go later in the afternoon, but no. It has to be tomorrow at 1030 or Saturday at 1030, otherwise it will be the New Year.

So that my friends, is the current update on my 'heart scare'

Hopefully, (if I'm still alive) we'll find out more next year) Did I tell you by the way about the emergency paramedics that arrived in the middle of the night without batteries for their ECG monitor?

You could not make this up.

This all means I have received absolutely zero diagnosis or treatment for a suspected (by me) case of Cor Pulmonale, or in other words a progressive failure of the right side of the heart which is very common in severe COPD cases such as mine. Out of the 8 or so key symptoms, at least 6 were present in significant severity.

Now, I have always been a supporter of the NHS but in the past year, it's gone to hell in a handcart.

Why anyone would want a 'public health service' and have it run by incompetents (the so-called 'Managers & robbed by thieves is beyond me. (Foreign unqualified Consultant robs NHS of £500,000 in fees)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ef-misled-Commons-gagging-whistleblowers.html

America, be warned.

Last edited:

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Keith
You have my number let me know and I'll come down and be chauffeur
Even tomorrow morning is OK

(Work might object but sod them!)

Ian

Keith

Keith
You have my number let me know and I'll come down and be chauffeur
Even tomorrow morning is OK

(Work might object but sod them!)

Ian

Oh Ian you're a star and so are David & Marcus I love you guys...

But I have cancelled now and it cannot be re-instated.

I am going to seriously reconsider my capabilities and try to tap into any support structure I may be entitled to but I'm not terribly hopeful.

David just rang and asked me not to pop off until after Christmas and I have agreed, in any event, I have just ordered my Christmas booze, even if I am going to give most of it away, it will not be wasted!

Thanks again you wonderful assho.... People!

Keith

Chris Bob you're stars.. Appointment is cancelled - I had no choice but the good news is that I've just received a home visit from the Lymington Respiratory Unit ( they must be worried about me) and they are going to fight tooth & nail to get me a more suitable appointment next week.

The NHS certainly has some fine people - it's the damned management and years of political meddling.

Thanks again good people, I just think all your kind offers are so uplifting, I might make some soup... :)

I hope I don't embarrass him but do you know a certain German person rang David and offered his credit card number for a taxi for me?

No words......

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I'm too far away to be of any assistance Keith, but you know now you can call the lads for help. Please don't hesitate. Best wishes from Di and Moi.

Although I am not close enough, I would offer you to use my credit card number for
any transport that you may require. I'll even call the taxi company for you if necessary my friend!

Keith

Awesome awesome - no words - you guys, Pete & Jack, Marcus and the UK Massiv are like a family.

I'm filling up now......

I wish I hadn't been so rude to my third wife..she would have come in useful around now...but she's been gone some 13 years.. :(

Keith

Awesome awesome - no words - you guys, Pete & Jack, Marcus and the UK Massiv are like a family.

I'm filling up now......

I wish I hadn't been so rude to my third wife..she would have come in useful around now...but she's been gone some 13 years.. :(

On second thoughts Pete - could you just send Di?

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I rang back to Marcus's number and told him the use of his card was much appreciated. After that I went to Sparks Cars at Acton on the A40. They have a realy nice Berlinetta which has just come in so I've bought it on Marcus's card so we have wheels to get around with. They are PDI-ing it tomorrow and with a pin number from Marcus we take delivery on Monday morning. Marcus - I got a good deal on insurance as well so don't worry Susanne about it too much. You can have a go in it when you come over.
They are also fitting it with a roof rack for Keiths oxygen bottles.

Back