Last Post - Honest - Kackered

Keith

Got a lung infection and now a fucking urinary tract infection. I am so hallucinating and tripping out you would not believe - also on 40 mgs of Steroid daily and 1,500 mgs of antibiotics i have a stomach like a Zepplin. a mouth like the bottom of a parrot cage and.. I'll stop there.

I've had deliveries and stuff coming in all day (all week, nay! all bloody month! as I'm putting together a 2 hour Son et Lumiere with video and other multi-media tricks as a sort of celebration of 50 years in the music business (hint: now you know why guitars and stuff) and also for the benefit of a local Austic Children's Charity as really, I've spent my entire life being professionally concerned with the health & safety of young people in the Entertainment business - so kind of fitting to involve those who have never had the chance.

Anyway, whilst trying to post all this stuff here I've finally managed to finalise PA number 1 (I have 2 others going as I speak) To be honest I hope it all works as I have spent around £5,000 this month alone just on the audio.

All pre -owned - some NOS but all bought and paid for. Some of this stuff is like, er decades old!

Collecting old music video too. Oh, there won't be much of the stuff I hear you talk about on here peeps, as truthfully, IN ever had the time to hear it, I'm a fairly right out there with the fairies New Music kind of guy."Rock" or "Blues" doesn't cut it for me as I'm a kind of 70 years old John Lydon only he sings better, melding into House Music, which, like any good and proper fan I learned in the gay clubs of Manhattan & Chicago in the mid '70's. (where were you lot then? Did we, er, like meet on the dance floor?) There will be a lot of late '60's stuff in there though, but absolutely not-on-your-life Eric flaming I'll-shag-your-wife-for-a-quid Clapton and Led Bloody off-our-face Zeppelin.. :)

The Who? Maybe.. Peter Green? (OK some blues - but reel British stuff) Absolutely! Osibisa? Most Definitely! James Brown? Wouldn't be here without him! Rolling Stones. Bugger off.

And now for Audio Rack 2 and the Lighting rack & then the Video rack &..... <groan>

Attachments

• Signal Specs.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 295

Mike Pass

Supporter
Go with the Peter Green. Man of the world or what? Maybe a little Howlin Wolf? Smokestack Lightning? Who.... Baba O'Riley? Prince Buster...Al Capone?
You should have enough power to make them sound good!
Cheers
Mike

Keith

Ah, but the point of it all is - it's MY 50 years - not someone else's... :)

Did you mean Baba? as in Meher Baba and Terry Riley? Or did I miss something? (edit Course you did - sorry v. tired.)

Been there done many of them but this is about my memories from a professional standpoint. Many of the acts featured I would have personally worked with in my London Agency days 1967 - 1973

It's only 2 hours - there may have to be a Part II.

WE probably won't even get past The Stranglers.... :heart:

OK a Part III then....

Last edited:
Keith-
At first glance, your post looked like it was from someone looking for sympathy. But I’ve know what a sorry for himself sounds like, and reading your whole post and your profile, I don’t think you are. I don't know you, I don't know your music, and I can’t possibly make suggestions for your collection, so why bother to reply?
In a small measure, I’ve been where you are. Since 1982, I’ve has 65 operations, had the Last Rites seven times, and been pronounced dead twice. There aren’t that many of our sort, and it can be nice to talk with someone who’s been where you are and doesn’t need an explanation. You can look this over and publicly tell me to F-off or PM something softer NF Survivor - Doug Fitzpatrick
Either way, “John D. Fitzpatrick” is my computer form-filled name and I’m stuck with that, but I’m Doug to my friends.

Keith

Oh crap. Doug, I typed a long and whimsically philosophical reply to your most excellent post when I inadvertently hit the "Bollocks, Dump it" button to the right of my Dell "Carriage Return" tab.

I think every computer has one - mine has about four.

Of course, I am so proficient with computers and four finger typing that I totally don't need to type a reply into Word first. No, that is for Newbies.

As for sympathy, hahaha, well reserve it for The Devil because believe me, if he ever shares a room with me - he's going to need it the asshole!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt0ipUCfdlU"]Rolling Stones - Sympathy for The Devil ( Live 1969 Altamont - YouTube[/ame]

Mike Pass

Supporter
The Who, Who's Next album, track Baba O'Riley. 50 years celebration, I hope you have a blast! I had a bonfire of all the crap and things that had pissed me off and then got the GT40.

I read your story Doug. You have really been through the mill. My sister recently had a leg amputated so I have a little insight into what you have suffered. NF is horrendous and I am amazed that you are still with us. Never give up sums it up pretty well. I hope things go a lot easier for you from now on.

Enjoy life, this is not the practice session.

Cheers and good wishes gentlemen
Mike

Keith

The Who, Who's Next album, track Baba O'Riley. 50 years celebration, I hope you have a blast! I had a bonfire of all the crap and things that had pissed me off and then got the GT40.

I read your story Doug. You have really been through the mill. My sister recently had a leg amputated so I have a little insight into what you have suffered. NF is horrendous and I am amazed that you are still with us. Never give up sums it up pretty well. I hope things go a lot easier for you from now on.

Enjoy life, this is not the practice session.

Cheers and good wishes gentlemen
Mike

+2 Mike yes. Doesn't make for a more "rounded" personality though - like these things are "character forming". I think it does to be honest...

Like your final comment. How true that is, and I would add (from experience) "but not at the expense o others"

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the memory Doug, they attacked my chest with a chainsaw 2 1/2 years ago and I had the pleasure of going through exactly what your experiencing now, loverly trip enjoy it, the pain killers the real killer, I had reptiles and creepy crawly things all over my room, now I no why the kids get off on some of this stuff. the bit I didn't like was the infection I got in the garden hoses I had stuck in me every where to drain the lungs. still the upside is you and I are still here, better than the alternative I reckon. give em hell and get well.
cheers John

Holy moley Doug, it sounds like you must have very exacting accommodation requirements! Particular enough that The Lord hasn't quite been able to satisfy all your needs and therefore your room isn't quite ready yet! Keep demanding evermore difficult to locate items for your furnishings and I am sure you will be around for a long while yet!

Like your final comment. How true that is, and I would add (from experience) "but not at the expense o others"
Keith

I agree that the Speech containing the “Never give in” passage wasn’t meant to advocate intransigence. The full statement was: “Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense.” I abbreviated it to suit my own situation at the time. Many thin Churchill said that line and sat down; He did not. It was in a remarkable speech given in October,1941 (the End of the Beginning) and also contained this passage which seems equally appropriate to us:

“You cannot tell from appearances how things will go. Sometimes imagination makes things out far worse than they are; yet without imagination not much can be done. Those people who are imaginative see many more dangers than perhaps exist; certainly many more than will happen; but then they must also pray to be given that extra courage to carry this far-reaching imagination.”

, I had reptiles and creepy crawly things all over my room, now I no why the kids get off on some of this stuff.
cheers John

John-

-10 on the creepy-crawly’s! I was addicted three times to Demerol and Morphine and had to go off cold turkey. Coolest Hallucination was a herd of circus animals dancing on the ceiling- worst were the ones in a coma where dogs were attacking my children and I couldn’t get past a gate. The Devil knows what frightens us most, doesn’t he?

My sister recently had a leg amputated so I have a little insight into what you have suffered. NF is horrendous and I am amazed that you are still with us.
Enjoy life, this is not the practice session. Mike

Mike-

I hope your sister has access to a good prosthetics engineer. There are some remarkable prostatic legs coming out of trials now, especially for us mid-thigh gimps (Please God, don’t let anyone call her handi-capable or any of that PC crap). She’ll need a lot of reassurance that she’s the same person she always was though. And you’re quite right- life is short, eat desert first!

Holy moley Doug, it sounds like you must have very exacting accommodation requirements! Particular enough that The Lord hasn't quite been able to satisfy all your needs and therefore your room isn't quite ready yet! Keep demanding evermore difficult to locate items for your furnishings and I am sure you will be around for a long while yet!

Mark-
I’ve thought about that. Unfortunately I haven’t cured cancer or done much of anything worthy of these additional 30 years. My biggest single fear is that when I meet St. Peter, he’ll say something like, Well, you meet the Minimum Standard, so come on in and stand at the back. But we had such high hopes for you! I can only hope I did something right that I didn’t notice.

I appreciate all of your supportive words. Since the article on me was written up for the NF book, I've remarried and moved to a Victorian farmhouse on 7 acres in the East Texas piney woods. We are happy and content, and once again, life is back on track. I'd be pleased to correspond with any of you gentlemen about your cars or the residue that lingers after everyone else thinks you're well.

And call me your friend, Doug.

Keith

I am somewhat amazed that here, in the flesh is a John Fitzpatrick.

I was told of two neighbours in Brighton, (who travelled on the Other Bus) namely John Fitzpatrick and Patrick Fitzjohn but I thought it was an urban myth.

Keith

There is also a Ben Dover and a Phil Mcavity that you may have heard about.

Oh yes - we certainly knew them, but I'm afraid they were transported to Australia for "Un British" activities....Brisbane in fact.

Phil Mcavity lived with Ben Doon before Ben Dover came along of course, but they argued incessantly about sharing the dominant role, and Ben (Doon) eventually split because of a consistently bad back. Phil was very uneasy about partnering "the auld enemy" and once confided to me that "I'll be buggered if I ever sleep with an Englishman. Hoots!"

Did you, er, ever run across them there? :worried:

By the way, I swear I just heard the skirl of the pipes while I was typing that. Marlow is quite a long way from here, about 90 miles or so, but it could be Mr Morton rehearsing I'm quite sure... Such is the penetrating power of the dead sheep.

Last edited:
I am somewhat amazed that here, in the flesh is a John Fitzpatrick.

I was told of two neighbours in Brighton, (who travelled on the Other Bus) namely John Fitzpatrick and Patrick Fitzjohn but I thought it was an urban myth.
Yes, I knew them well. Patrick was John's dyslectic brother.

John MacGiollaPhadraig

Keith-
You may not have heard of this one of your former colony's women who would also seem to have had an unfortunate name. She was the daughter of Jim Hogg, the Governor of my state of Texas from 1890 to 1894 who made his fortune after he left politics from the Spindletop oil discovery in 1901.

She was an ever-smiling, gracious woman who, among many other accomplishments, founded the Houston Symphony, and, despite her wealth and social position, was known simply as “Miss Ima”. No one who had the pleasure of meeting her, as I did at the 1966 ceremony where she donated her considerable estate to the Houston Museum of Fine Art, ever afterward smirked at the name. She was truly the epitome of a grand lady. Ima Hogg, 1882-1976.
Fitz

Attachments

• ima.jpg
    ima.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 189
Keiths' everchanging avatar

Perhaps Jay Silverheels could inform you Keith! Failing that, the Shadow Knows.

Keith

Keith-
You may not have heard of this one of your former colony's women who would also seem to have had an unfortunate name. She was the daughter of Jim Hogg, the Governor of my state of Texas from 1890 to 1894 who made his fortune after he left politics from the Spindletop oil discovery in 1901.

She was an ever-smiling, gracious woman who, among many other accomplishments, founded the Houston Symphony, and, despite her wealth and social position, was known simply as “Miss Ima”. No one who had the pleasure of meeting her, as I did at the 1966 ceremony where she donated her considerable estate to the Houston Museum of Fine Art, ever afterward smirked at the name. She was truly the epitome of a grand lady. Ima Hogg, 1882-1976.
Fitz

I hadn't heard that. Great story...:)

Back