Leukemia research

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
A few months back I alluded to a young lady who was undergoing Full Body Radiation and total Chemotherapy. It was a very sombre period last Christmas and Trish - the young lady in question - was incredibly brave to continue when the Doctors were almost telling her to go home and enjoy what time was left and giving her a minimum chance of combating any further this awful disease called Leukemia.

Now I am so very pleased to tell you all she is turning the corner after the total body radiation and the very strong Chemotherapy allied with subsequent Stem Cell and Bone marrow replacement and transplant. I hope that in the not too distant future we will be having a wild ceilidh ( a party to end all parties ) on the Black Isle beside the Moray Firth in Scotland.
Prior to that, Steve - Trish's husband will be finding time to do some walking for Charity and if I link you to his website
Steve Lewis is fundraising for Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research
you can see where I am going to on this thread.

It is quite an incredible story and it's by no means over yet but this is one very brave lady who accepted experimental surgery when just about all hope was lost except prayer. I'm not religious but I know there was a lot of praying going on as well.
If you are gracious enough to help Steve in this quest I would be so grateful.

Dave M

Great news Dave.....I wish them the best.

My wife has a chronic Lymphoma condition and has for about 8 years now..,she went through chemo and radiation treatment and it seems to be under reasonable control but chronic is chronic ..so no cure for us...yet!!!...

We always say that it may look cloudy out but that does not always mean its going to rain....

Keith

Hi David, being a bit stupid but I am not understanding what the figure £2,200 Steve is trying to raise represents. Is it for a specific piece of equipment or service?

Or is it a general fundraiser?

Thanks,

Keith

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Keith,
I'm sure it's a general fundraising thing for research. Some of the equipment they are using is incredibly expensive as well but I guess thats all capital equipment in the NHS. At least I hope it is.
Dave

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
In case some of you busy types missed this, I'd just like to bring it back to the top in the Paddock. You'll never know when you might need it. Thanks.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Steve has raised 73% of his target as of 01:00 hrs here in the UK.
Brilliant so far and thanks so very much to some members here on our website.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Today I had a phone call from Steve and subsequently Trish. It was very sad news following a hospital check up today and this news is that the Leukemia has returned. Trish did not say what plans she was making about further treatment and the Doctors
were seemingly despondent. "Tomorrow is a new day" she told me this evening.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Steve Lewis starts his epic walk from Inverkeithing to Inverness Via the Great Glen and Fort William today - for all of you that made contributions to his Leukemia Research Charity. The figure he has raised so far is about £6,000 which Steve says is beyond his wildest dreams. He is also on Twitter but dont ask me how to Tweet as I don't have a clue. If you know how, send him a message of encouragement as he set off today in the foulest of weather imaginable.
Thank each and every one of you for your contributions.

"Tomorrow is a new day" - Patricia Lewis September 2010

Dave M

Back