Leukemia research

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Missed this Dave. I'm in. Lost too many friends and family to cancer over the years. A cure is long overdue. Carpe Diem Steve.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
For those of you trying to Titter, Woops - twitter - Steve is in Fort William today.
»

002_-_Copy__6__normal.JPG

stevelewis220 Steve Lewis

At Fort William - in sunshine! Hard climb out of Kinlochleven then a steady trog through Lairigmor. Nice scenery. First leg of GGW tomorrow.

GGW is short for the Great Glen Way
Walking Scotland - The Great Glen Way - Fort William to Inverness

He is about 80 miles from Inverness now so over the half way point.

Dave

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
£7,925. Just amazing........
Steve has about 60 miles to go to Inverness and after a complete drenching for the last few days is marching along in bright sunlight today.
The target has in fact become a moveable feast and originally Steve though about £3000 was all he could muster. Thanks to so much generosity he is nearly at £8000 and a few people have pledged contributions along the way and not yet showing on the page. I'm hoping to reach £10,000 and I do think it's a realistic goal.
Nobody ever knows what lies around the corner - Trish and Steve certainly didn't so this contribution to Leukemia and Lymphoma Research is so important for the future.

Steve Lewis is fundraising for Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research

Last edited:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Two pledges this morning makes the total now over £8,000 and Steve has also received a few verbal pledges with people walking in the area as well. It seems a few highlanders might also have heard of this effort and maybe because Trish was a highlander as well they are waiting for Steve to come past. How nice.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
From Steves Twitter log yesterday and last night. 26 miles to inverness
and though we 'yomped' such distances when we were much younger, Steve is planning to arrive in Inverness on Wednesday. I think there may just be a piper and a few drams to welcome him into the Capital of the Highlands and then on to the Black Isle as well.
He is in awful weather today all day with cool blustery showers and a strong South Westerly winds blowing straight along Loch Ness and up the Great Glen.

Lovely welcome (with tea & cake) at Invermoriston B & B after longish day. Had a couple of lengthy forestry diversions. Now enjoying a beer!

14 hours ago FavoriteRetweetReply

»

Lunch by the river in Fort Augustus - the day goes well! Sunny & warm with a light breeze. Invermoriston tonight.

19 hours ago FavoriteRetweetReply

Last edited:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Today is the final stroll into the Capital of the Highlands and he finishes outside Inverness Castle at about 14:00hrs.
The web page for donations will stay open for a bit longer yet just in case you feel you might like to send something. If you do , thank you so much. Its a very worthwile
cause.

From Steves last couple of days:

Quite a climb and some chilly winds atop Abriachan but Claire & I had a lovely day. Now being very kindly looked after by the Somervilles.

7 hours ago FavoriteRetweetReply

»

Shared hostel room with champion French snorer - merde! Meet niece Claire this morning for the trek up to Abriachan. Legs still OK - just.

15 hours ago FavoriteRetweetReply

»

Relaxing in Drumnadrochit (birthplace of Babsie-baby!) Lot more upslopes than I expected today - but made it. Up and over to Abriachan next.

Steve Lewis is fundraising for Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Well , Steve made it to Inverness yesterday. An adventure of epic proportions and raising so much money for Leukemia Research that we are very proud of him.
Trish would have been so pleased as well.
The website for donations will be open for a month or so so it's never too late.
Dave

From Steves Twitter site:

MADE IT! Arrived at Inverness Castle to a lovely welcome by family & friends. Feels great! Home on Friday, so I'll update the web page then.

21 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
The final post on this subject - Steve is going to close the 'Just Giving' page at the end of May so if you have thought about a small contribution but haven't gone there yet this is the time to do it.
We are still aiming for £10,000 with on line donations so no matter how small, every donation is welcome.
Steve Lewis is fundraising for Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Thank you,
Dave M

Back