Lola Tub Repair

SL71-32 getting ready for the 125 mile drive home.

Attachments

• 43495-108-0832_IMG.JPG
    43495-108-0832_IMG.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 637

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Jim, congrats on getting the Lola done. Did I mention I am sending you my Mark 1? Let me know when it's finished, I will bring up a box of cigars. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ok, I've just got to ask - since those look like FIXED storage racks the cars are on - just what type of ceilings do you have in that garage that can support suspended racks like that!!!! Holy crap that's impressive!! -

Also, do you use a special mobile lift of some type to put them up there?

AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi
Those are elavators that desend from the ceiling with a push of a button. The hydrolics are controlled by a computer
which doesn't let you lower a car if something or someone is underneath. The system after raising then lowers onto positive locks for safety. When sitting on the floor you can drive on any car with 2 inches of ground clearance or more. The steel frame that surports it is hidden in the structure. Each lift platform can hold at least 20,000 lbs.
Best

Attachments

• 48995-LolaDrying.jpg
    48995-LolaDrying.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 632
Thanks Jim,

Ok, that now officially takes my vote as the coolest garage accessory I've ever seen!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
cheers

I designed them and had them made. Basically they are a concealed steel frame, hydro cylinders, pulleys, ss cable, ss hydro lines, a hydro manifold, solenoids, valves, photoelectric sensors, a small computer, elevator buttons. You'll need structural engineering and a good consulting engineer to guide you but it can be done. The doors which are also part of the system require special fabricated tracks etc. Depending on level of fit and finish you can expect to spend about what a New Ford GT lists for up to what they ask for one in the UK. (3 lifts, 2 garage doors and the cost of installation and modification of your garage. Remember you may have to raise your roof.) There are also building codes and safety issues to be solved as the steel structure must go into solid foundation. While your ripping up your garage floor you may want to install a hot water heating system into it. How about dehumidification? The list goes on...
Best

Back