Looking for a GT40 Picture....

Ron Earp

Admin
I'm looking for a GT40 picture to be used on the new site design. I'd like a frontal shot about 20 degrees off center and shot down low. I don't want a frontal shot that is shot from head height looking at the front of the car, I really want one that is shot from maybe front clip height and shows off the curvyness of the car.

Setting doesn't matter a lot but the car needs to have doors and clips closed. An ideal shot would be on the track, hint hint, with nothing between the lens and the car. Looking for a MKI car, it need not have flairs but if it does that is fine too. Color of the car isn't too important but I'd prefer cars with stripes or an interesting color scheme and that includes Gulf cars.

If you've a picture that you'd allow us to use please post it here or email it to me. I've seen a couple of the gallery I'm thinking about as possibilities but really would like an owner to openly provide one for forum use. Who knows, your GT40 might become the new GT40s.com logo car! :)

Thanks,
Ron

Ron McCall

Supporter
How are these???

Attachments

• 147_photos%20course%20004 (Small).jpg
    147_photos%20course%20004 (Small).jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 541
  • 1079now (Small).jpg
    1079now (Small).jpg
    37 KB · Views: 573
  • 12253WSIR-041031-0043 (Small).jpg
    12253WSIR-041031-0043 (Small).jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 564
  • e9_3 (Small).jpg
    e9_3 (Small).jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 537
  • ford_gt40_1002_allen_lloyd_01 (Small).jpg
    ford_gt40_1002_allen_lloyd_01 (Small).jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 540

Ron McCall

Supporter
Here's some more....

Attachments

• LMClassic_plateau4_32_m (Small).jpg
    LMClassic_plateau4_32_m (Small).jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 558
  • LMClassic_plateau4_06_m (Small).jpg
    LMClassic_plateau4_06_m (Small).jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 541
  • LMClassic_plateau4_08_m (Small).jpg
    LMClassic_plateau4_08_m (Small).jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 538
  • LMClassic_plateau4_10_m (Small).jpg
    LMClassic_plateau4_10_m (Small).jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 536
  • LMClassic_plateau4_28_m (Small).jpg
    LMClassic_plateau4_28_m (Small).jpg
    39 KB · Views: 554
Hi Ron,

WOW !! This is going to become a very cool thread with all the logo candidate pictures posted.

I think it would be easier if this was done in two steps. First get an example of the perfect camera angle. This picture here has an unusually low camera angle. It is already on several websites. Maybe a few dozen of us can duplicate the camera angle you want and then you could choose from NEW pictures. At least that way GT40s.com can avoid any copyright issues especially if the picture is to become part of the logo and the forum continues to grow in importance.

Bob

Attachments

• 1599-7.jpg
    1599-7.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 529
Here is a photo of the car that was built and later sold by Wayne Presley. I though the placement of the car on the track with the swooping center line on the pavement added interest and a little drama to the photograph.

Attachments

• CAV-Ex-Presley.jpg
    CAV-Ex-Presley.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 523

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Ron, if you've found the right image on the board, just ask the poster. I'm sure they'd be happy to have their image imortalized. Here are a few of mine — but not on the track, unfortunately. Cool looking splash page, by the way (except for the new GT vs. GT40). :)

Attachments

• GTD_a.jpg
    GTD_a.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 450
  • GTD_b.jpg
    GTD_b.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 464
  • GTD_c.jpg
    GTD_c.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 463
  • GTD_d.jpg
    GTD_d.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 436
Here's another one.

This was at the "Designers Night" party in Detroit in 2002.

The car is original (1030), but all of the markings, including the orange stripes, were temporary decals.

Attachments

• Number6-12.jpg
    Number6-12.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 438
Last edited:

Ron Earp

Admin
Ben, that car pictured isn't the ERA replica that was discussed when up for sale a couple months back. An ERA replica was at a Ford evening party when the Ford GT was launched but I'm sure there were many parties.

Hey Johan, have an coupe photos in the same sort of vein with a similar era car in frame?

R

Ron Earp said:
Ben, that car pictured isn't the ERA replica that was discussed when up for sale a couple months back. An ERA replica was at a Ford evening party when the Ford GT was launched but I'm sure there were many parties.

There were three GT40s at that party The GT40s were the red Le Mans winning J5, 1030 (as pictured above), and the aforementioned ERA. Also present was the Indy winning Lotus-Ford from the Ford museum and a couple of replica Cobras.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Ron

Which side of the page do you plan on having the car?

In my opinion you would want th have the car driving to the center of the page / GT40s.com and not out of it.

That may reduce / limit the choice

Ian

Back