Modified ZF

Rolf here are the pictures of the ZF with the 016 output drive axles.

Attachments

• 35787-1zfeditgear.jpg
    35787-1zfeditgear.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 341
This ZF is a new box from Pantera performance.

Attachments

• 35788-ZFEDIT02.jpg
    35788-ZFEDIT02.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 366
Dennis has setup a few of these boxes for CAV owners. This box will be used in my RF.

Attachments

• 35789-ZFEDIT03.jpg
    35789-ZFEDIT03.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 313
Before anyone asks these boxes are $6000.00 new. The cast top hanger and output drive axles are an additional charge. He will flip the ring and pinion, and set the amount of slip required for your application. Dennis's Number: (303)-660-9897

Jercarnut,
Perfect timing on the pictures. I just called Dennis about 2 hours ago and left him a message about parts for the ZF. I picked up a ZF box a couple of weeks ago and am now working on configuring it for a CAV. I need the top cover and CV axle drivers and am curious the price for these parts. $6000 for a box ready to go seems like a resonable price in todays market. Does that include the bell housing, and what bell housing are you using?
Thanks,
Pat

Pat,if you read my post more carefully, you will realize $6,000 is for the new ZF/2 alone. The top cover and output drive axles is an additional charge. I found when talking RTB, and Dennis their prices are about the same. I know Dennis threw the Pantera Club, he and I go back a long way with these cars. That is why, I feel comfortable dealing with Dennis.

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
My ZF was originally in a BMW M1 and already had the c/v joint output flanges.No need to flip crown wheel and pinion
either as M1 fitment is the same as GT40.I made my own bracket and top mount which bolts to the cover.Model # is
5DS-25/2.
Regards Ross whoopee my 100th post

Hi Ross, I know your gear box. These output drive axle ARE NOT BMW/M1 flanges. They are machine from Billet Steel. To fit the 016 pattern, if you look carefully you will see a flange as used in the audi application. Dennis has the BMW's M1's in stock for anyone who happens to want to use them.

Hey jercarnut, for these new ZF boxes, is 1st thru 4th in the H pattern with 5 a dogleg to the right and up, or is it the racing pattern with 2nd thru 5th in the H and 1st over to the left and down? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Back