Monterey??

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
I'll be at Concorso Italiano on Friday and Laguna Seca over the weekend with the GT5 Pantera parked in the Corral.

I won't make Baja Cantina this year as it's my son's 18th birthday on Thursday and we are plannning to head out of Reno at midnight for an overnight drive.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Wow, I AM getting old. I remember hearing about that when it was new...uh oh. Photos, please, everyone, for those of us who are stuck at home and have to work....

Sad to say I'm going to miss it this year after 11 straight. Hope the attendees here will be generous with their photo postings.

My wife and I will be participating the in the 17th Annual Auto Rally on Friday. It’s a mix of everything. I’m trailering down the 65 350. I’ll be at the track on Saturday in the Ford only CORRAL parking area. My parking pass is good for Friday - Sunday. I’m only using it on Saturday. Anyone is welcome to use for Sunday’s event. Ping me and you can have it Saturday evening. I’m in Carmel off of Ocean ave.

Cheers,
Earl J

Last edited:
One other thing, the only requirement is that your car be FORD powered. GT40’s Cobra, Shelby anything, Pantera’s and Mangustas are fine. NO Porsches, Ferrari’s, Benz’s or Jags even thought the honored marquee this year is Jaguar in the area and definitely nothing Japanese.

Cheers,
Earl J

I was at the races last weekend and there were NO Ford GT40s present. I do hope that there will be at least a few this weekend for the Big Show.

The Lola T70 etc. participation was quite noteworthy last weekend however....

The Baja Cantina was fantastic tonight, as ever. I managed to bump into Jack Houpe and the other SPF GT40 guys; there were two MK 1 cars (one was driven straight through from Idaho!!!) and later an SPF Mk 2 came cruising through.

Great times! :thumbsup:

Going to be getting into Monterey tonight. Taking my 4 year old to Laguna for the first time. He is so excited he has hardly been able to sleep. Due to the recent addition of the 4 year old and the 2 year old, it is my first time in 5 years. I think maybe that I will be having trouble sleeping tonight as well. Hope to see some of you there.

Hey Mike,
I didnt read this thread before the Cantina. Bummer I would have liked to said hello to Jack and Ron. I already met Freeman at one of Howard's parties so he is 'old' news :) I had a great time.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
4 of us are sharing a condo on the beach, great times with some good people, I wish I could have met you Mesa.

Chuck

Supporter
Not a single GT 40 at Laguna Seca or Pebble Beach Concourse. Did see more Panteras in one place at one time than ever before. And saw a total of 23 Ferrari GTOs at Pebble Beach, which considering only 39 were produced and each has a value in the 25 million range was quite something. And seeing the Ferraris, pre war cars, Cobras, etc on the track is unforgetable. The view from the top of the hill and the "corkscrew" is amazing. Took tons of pictures.

Mike,

The late showing MKII at the cantina was the wife and I. You should've introduced yourself. It would've been nice to put a name with a face.

Jack,

Thanks again for all your help. It's guys like you that make this group a great bunch of guys.

Ron,

I've already got one of the deflector's off. I'll send you a PM and get a tracing of it in the mail to you tomarrow.

Wish I could've met the rest of you. Next year hopefully.

Rich.

Moterey was nothing short of amazing. I meet so many great people and made some great friends. Watching 20 plus Ferrari GTO's being hammered around the track was a site I would not have believed had I not seen it for mayself. The winning car was a 4 liter which I was told was the rarest of the rare.

I had the chance to ask Jay Leno if he would allow me to sweep floors at his garage but I wimped out.

Rich,

It was nice talking to ya, and meeting your wife. I'll look for your PM, and we can exchange contact info there.

Ron

Next year Cobra is the featured marque, celebrating the 50th anniversary (yikes). Hopefully this will draw some GT40s as well.

Back