Moto Gp 2007

I dunno what to say and think. Next race is in Valentino kingdom, Misano(20 kmts from Tavullia).
All the country is waiting him at home (also fisc..)...suspect will be hard to see Stoner winning also there (even if with THIS incredible ducati).
Ticket for Misano are now too hard to find and usually all up to 250 dollars.
Hope the doctor will be back in town, a grey race as last one will be a pain in the ass.

Pete, I haven't heard anything more about the hotel. I'll see what i can find out. Room prices will probably be outside my budget though.

How about this for a scenario. Yamaha performs so poorly that it enacts the performance clause in Rossi's contract. A seat is offered to Rossi by Ducati. An Italian rider on a competitive Italian bike is an opportunity too good to refuse so we see Rossi accept the offer... so its Rossi and Stoner in the same team. I know, its a million to one but hey, what a fantastic championship it would be if it happened.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Pete, I haven't heard anything more about the hotel. I'll see what i can find out. Room prices will probably be outside my budget though.

How about this for a scenario. Yamaha performs so poorly that it enacts the performance clause in Rossi's contract. A seat is offered to Rossi by Ducati. An Italian rider on a competitive Italian bike is an opportunity too good to refuse so we see Rossi accept the offer... so its Rossi and Stoner in the same team. I know, its a million to one but hey, what a fantastic championship it would be if it happened.

That would be terrific alright and something that Ducati would pay mega bucks to achieve.

It could also lead to a situation similar to what McLaren is experiencing at the moment with it's two Top Guns.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
That'd be fun Pete but I know who I'd have my money on and he wouldn't come from the land downunder.

Tim

If it happened tomorrow Tim I would agree with you. Obviously the Duke is a better package than the Yamaha this year.
But give Stoner a couple more years experience at the top level and I might be up for a small wager with you.;)

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Aussie first :pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper:

Aussie second:pepper::pepper::pepper:

American third.:pepper::pepper:

Where are the Europeans?

The Doctor must be gutted, having to pull out with engine problems after only a few laps.

Attachments

• 670610467.jpg
    670610467.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 278
Valentino is always the best...he is and always will be the very best biker in the world.
If only Yamaha will give him a decent bike he can do that.

Casey is too good,and is only 21 yrs old.
The legend is another matter.

FORZA VALENTINO....always and forever!!!

looking at today qualify..I just wonder what will be if no Casey racing this year.
The other Ducati is in a shitty 15th :eek:places...Capirossi is telling only problems here, problems there....as usual, to hide the fact he has only to go home and be forgiven as soon as possible.

Valentino will be anyway the winning pilot, going to his 8th championship with a so shitty Yamaha...and maybe fighting to the not-existing Honda driven by Pedrosa.

I just ask myself what will be if Casey was only 2 or 3 years older..maybe less chanpionships for Valentino?
That aussie is really too good.

If Caparossi shines at Suzuki (not likely) then we can assume the Ducati just didnt agree with him. If he is nowhere on the bike then we could say it's time to retire. One would suspect that Melandri will give Casey a good run next year as his teammate (do I remember that right Melandri headed for Ducati?), if he doesn't THEN we can start calling Stoner the next Rossi.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
If Caparossi shines at Suzuki (not likely) then we can assume the Ducati just didnt agree with him. If he is nowhere on the bike then we could say it's time to retire. One would suspect that Melandri will give Casey a good run next year as his teammate (do I remember that right Melandri headed for Ducati?), if he doesn't THEN we can start calling Stoner the next Rossi.

Or the next Doohan?rockonsmile

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Nicky Hayden will start on pole for the first time this season following Saturday afternoon's dramatic qualifying session at Estoril.

The Kentucky Kid, who could see his World title official pass over to champion-elect Casey Stoner this weekend at the bwin.com Grande Premio de Portugal, left it late in the qualifying run to take his first pole since Phillip Island in 2006.

With twelve minutes left at the scene of such heartbreak for the likeable American last season, Hayden saw Ducati Marlboro's Stoner take a second off the best previous effort by his Repsol Honda colleague Dani Pedrosa – the Spaniard having been at the head of the timesheet for a significant period.

Fiat Yamaha's Valentino Rossi then briefly went in front of the Australian on the timesheet, but Stoner replied with a second hot lap, only for Hayden to snatch pole from his rivals at the death by a margin of 0.040s.

Stoner and Rossi's times were good enough to keep them second and third respectively, but an amazing late run from Makoto Tamada of Dunlop Yamaha Tech 3 saw him shoot into fourth place, relegating Pedrosa to fifth.

Rossi's Yamaha team-mate Colin Edwards will start at the back of the second row, while Honda Gresini pair Marco Melandri (seventh) and Toni Elias (ninth) sandwich Tech 3's Sylvain Guintoli on row three – with Rizla Suzuki's John Hopkins completing the top ten.

Keith

A great win.....and some real "cocky" celebrations as well but can't blame him...much more exciting than Spa.