Mr. Bush is the Smart One

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Molleur, Thats it?

Now you talk about something else.

Both you and Damian seemed to think that no one worked for the government and no jobs were created by the Govenment. That is obviously not the case. The govenment creates more jobs than anyone.

Now how efficient they are when tax revenue declines is another discussion:)

Last edited:
Molleur, Thats it?

Now you talk about something else.

Both you and Damian seemed to think that no one worked for the government and no jobs were created by the Govenment. That is obviously not the case. The govenment creates more jobs than anyone.

Now how efficient they are when tax revenue declines is another discussion:)

They are inefficient by design, no matter how much money is dumped on them. The private sector is always more efficient.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
And that's why the government has a 14+ trillion dollar debt that WE as taxpayers are responsible for. The government spends far more than it takes in.
Did the stimilus work? How about QE1 or QE2, wait for it, wait for it,
I see a QE3 coming within a couple of months. Wail away!
Molleur, as usual you have nailed it, Private enterprise cannot print money to handle debt as the government does. A private company with so much debt would be bankrupt. Your government and mine instead of going broke print more money and stave off the day, or more precisely pass the problem on to our children.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Al, Molleur and Pete,

Ok guys explain how private indusrty will pave Interstate 80 in Nevada, how they will fight forest fires in Wyoming and how will they protect our shipping from pirates in the Indian Ocean?

OK, I'll make it easy, explain your "private industry" plan to re-pave Interstate 80 across Nevada.

Last edited:

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
They are inefficient by design, no matter how much money is dumped on them. The private sector is always more efficient.

I will agree to some extent Al, but without the scorned Government regulation (in which it appears most of the "Right" also want to scrap) on this private "efficiency", I guarantee, Air Traffic Control (which is one job I am intimately familiar with) safety would become a risk management issue of "how little can I pay, while keeping safety upgrades to the bare minimum, with minimal training costs, and still come out ahead if we are found culpable in deadly negligence"?

Business seems to be more and more concerned with the financial aspect than the safety or ethical aspect, and with the future of the "Right’s" tort reform movement, business will even be less inclined to ensure safety for anybody but their bottom line. If you cannot incent business to do the right thing under a financial penalty, then what will we use? Obviously Wall Street "felt" impunity from their follies, and history will probably vindicate that feeling.

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Terry,

Excellent points. How about the FDA managed by the lowest bidder?

How about the new, cheaper Fire Dep........We are currently busy with other callers, at the tone please leave a message.

Last edited:
Joe,

May I have your permission to cut and past the above note, and allow the insertion of either "Left" or "Right" into the blank space? This would be an excellent canned response to most of the media re-posts.

What cannot be disputed, is that our government is the largest charity in the world. Giving out 100% of what it takes in. The rub is that many don't like the list of charities on their list.

Ox

Please be so kind as to not use my quotes or thoughts for any of your own uses, whether to support my views or not. Come up with your own.

Since I'm posting here already, as far as your second quote, the government puts money where it's least popular and hence, has come up with more and more unpopular ways to take money from the responsible producers of this world and create (and subsidize) a whole new voting class of people whom are neither responsible nor producers.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Wow, a lot of the typical cynical hyperbole that streams from the left. What an alarming lack of critical thinking. No facts, figures or statistics based on verifiable accounts or records of reality, just nasty mischaracterizations and a penchant for getting personal.

Joe,

For seveal years we have listened to the right call President Obama (with as you say no facts) a:

Muslim
Communist
Natzi
An illegal immigrant
Un American
A lier on the floor of the House Camber

Now someone has the nerve to compare a Republican candidate to a two term Republican President and you can't take it?

Grow up fella! You can dish it out but you can't take it!

Joe, you ain't heard nothing yet, wait until you google "Is Rick Perry gay"

Last edited:
Joe,

For seveal years we have listened to the right call President Obama (with as you say no facts) a:

Muslim
Communist
Natzi
An illegal immigrant
Un American
A lier on the floor of the House Camber

Now someone has the nerve to compare a Republican candidate to a two term Republican President and you can't take it?

Grow up fella! You can dish it out but you can't take it!

Joe, you ain't heard nothing yet, wait until you google "Is Rick Perry gay"

More hysterical hyperbole no doubt. I didn't finish your post. "For several years" I've seen Mr Obama alienate our world allies, put a record amount of people on government assistance and run up our debts to people we don't like. I have given the democratic left it's chance over the last 3 years and I'm done.

Why would I care if Rick Perry is gay? He apparently does a good job for Texas and that's all I care about.

Please work on your spelling and grammar and I might read the rest of your post. Good luck.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Joe

If you have trouble making out a word, let me know, I'd be glad to help you.

Joe, twice in your short post you stated that you did not finish my post, yet you commented
on the last four words, I see truth does not come easy for you.

Last edited:
Joe

If you have trouble making out a word, let me know, I'd be glad to help you.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not sure if you can help, as you were the one that thought that these are words used in proper American language:

Natzi
lier
House Camber

Your rabid lashing out in a personal fashion is typical of your political position. I hope you can quell your emotion and replace it with some critical reasoning in time for the next election. Best regards.

Last edited:

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
A few facts and figures on Mr. Perry:

1. Unemployment when he took office: 4.2% Now; 8.4%. That's higher than Massachusets, others.

2. Percentage of Texans who work minimum wage jobs: 10% (highest in the country I think).

3. Percentage of Texas who do not have health care coverage: 25%.

4. Rails against government spending, etc. but used stimulus money from the ARAA to effectively balance the Texas budget.

5. Wants to kneecap Ben Bernanke.

Terry,

Excellent points. How about the FDA managed by the lowest bidder?

How about the new, cheaper Fire Dep........We are currently busy with other callers, at the tone please leave a message.

We have a lot of Rural Fire Departments in AZ that are employee owned, fairly priced and very efficient. That would be a government FD you're talking about, Press 1 for grease fire. :)

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Al,

Good one!

I know in small areas things like that can work, but big things are a different animal.

I see no one has answered my question about paving Interstate 80.

How would it be funded, who would do the work, who would decided the best company to do the job, who would make sure it is done safely and correctly?

Al,

Good one!

I know in small areas things like that can work, but big things are a different animal.

I see no one has answered my question about paving Interstate 80.

How would it be funded, who would do the work, who would decided the best company to do the job, who would make sure it is done safely and correctly?

They used to have tolls to pay, but people don't have time for that. But they could steamline the process. What a concept, pay for the road that you use. There are plenty of large road construction companies and lots of redundant state and federal inspectors.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Here in Texas we call him "Governor Good Hair"....perfect hair, every time.

Other than that, most of us who are not far-right leaning would really rather he were in a different place. With Gee-Dub, that "other place" was D.C., and we all saw how that worked out. Governor Good Hair is a better public speaker, but other than that he's just another radical right-wing Republican with all the potential problems that entails.

I didn't vote for him for Governor, wouldn't vote for him for President. He's a train-wreck, REFUSED to accept millions of dollars in public education money because he didn't want to have Texas be subject to the increased expectations of the federal education department. As a result, we have hundreds of teachers who are out of jobs.....but we can do as poor a job of educating our children as "we" want and not have to deal with the government's increased educational aspirations. We've got our freedom!!!! (even if we have ALMOST the worst educated student population in the country).

Jeff is right......those "jobs" GGH is so proud of creating are for the most part minimum wage positions....except for those in the food industry, which doesn't have to pay even minimum wage (and we Texans eat out a LOT, according to the polls I've seen, and our collective waistlines show it!!).

Just my $.02 worth, from someone who has had to endure GGH's entire political career in his own state.

Cheers from Doug!!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
They used to have tolls to pay, but people don't have time for that. But they could steamline the process. What a concept, pay for the road that you use. There are plenty of large road construction companies and lots of redundant state and federal inspectors.

So you would fund your paving job with a new tax.

But, Al, those "large road construction companies" are now doing just that. Paving roads.

So we will fund this paving job with new taxes. Now, how do we deside which company to hire and how do we make sure the work is done properly and safely?

So now you need to let us know who will collect this new tax money and how will they collect it?

How will they deside when, how much and where to spend it.

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Domtoni,

We are discussing Al's brave new world, he wants do do away with most of the Federal Government, he thinks most thing can be done more efficiantly by the private sector.

Righ now he is explaing how they will pave Interstate 80 through Nevada, much cheeper and more efficianty than now.

He is going to tell us how the money will be collected.

He is going to tell us how the contractor will be picked and paid.

He is going to tell us how we will be sure the work is done correctly and safely.

Last edited:

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
There is a place with little/no goverment, all the guns you want, and where you have to pay for every service you need since the government does nothing.

It's called Somalia. Have fun!

Back