Mr. Bush is the Smart One

Al,

I know that just the other day you mentioned that you heard that California was going to educate illegal aliens. You though that was horrible. I know you would never back a candidate that wants to educate illegal aliens.

I though before you waste to much time trying to like Bush III, I mean Mr Perry, that you might want to read this.

Immigration

Perry isn't a liberal on the issue, by any measure, but he's certainly not in the Xenophobic camp.

Reflecting the close ties of his state to Mexico, Perry is to the left of the center of gravity of the rest of the party on the issue. Most significantly, he signed a Texas version of the DREAM Act back in 2001, allowing foreign-born children of illegal immigrants to pay in-state tuition for college if they have lived in the state for three years prior to graduating high school [...]
He also opposed the Arizona immigration law. He criticized it on grounds that it would “turn law-enforcement officers into immigration officials,” and said it wouldn’t be right for Texas.

By the way, W was a pilot!

Which make me doubt all the BS they say about him. Stupid people aren't fighter pilots. Everybody says something stupid at some point in their life.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Which make me doubt all the BS they say about him. Stupid people aren't fighter pilots. Everybody says something stupid at some point in their life.

Al,

Who told you he was a fighter pilot? Bush II was a fighter pilot, but I'm afraid the Mr Perry was not, he flew C-130s, a four engine, prop transport aircraft.

I think you have his campaign tag line though, (He was a pilot, and stupid people aren't pilots!)....................................except BushII.

Al,

Are you aware that in 1988 Mr Perry backed and campaigned for the enviormental campaign of Al Gore.

Are you sure he was a pilot?

Last edited:
Al,

Who told you he was a fighter pilot? Bush II was a fighter pilot, but I'm afraid the Mr Perry was not, he flew C-130s, a four engine, prop transport aircraft.

I think you have his campaign tag line though, (He was a pilot, and stupid people aren't pilots!)....................................except BushII.

Al,

Are you aware that in 1988 Mr Perry backed and campaigned for the enviormental campaign of Al Gore.

Are you sure he was a pilot?

I was refering to Bush, I doubt that a C130 is a piece of cake to fly either. All politicians say stupid things, it just makes a difference what the media runs with or not, 57 states, corpseman, etc. They all have their stupid moments.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Al,

You are absolutly right, all politicians make mistakes, say stupid things and they also grow and change. The fact that Mr Perry backed and campaigned for Gore, well mabye he was just young and back then he cared about others?

But Al, for years now you would bring up any odd associations from Obamas past (Reverand Wright among others)......and say that he is just pretending to change. No way would you let that sort of thing go, would you!

By the way, did CA actually vote to give college tuition to illegal aliens? Or did I hear wrong?<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
Posted by Al

Al, just a few days ago, you posted that quote! That was meant to be a dig at California, Governor Brown and me!

So now with Mr Perry who signed a bill to educate illegal aliens, campaigned for Gore, embraces NAFTA and was against your favorite Arizona anti illegal alien bill, you sluff it off with ****"they all say stupid things"****!

Al, tell us why are you embracing a pro Gore, pro enviornmental, pro illegal alien, pro NAFTA, strict fundamentalist Christian politicion?

I know you are very sensitive about the H**********L word, but once again you are coming very close!

Last edited:

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Stupid people aren't fighter pilots. Everybody says something stupid at some point in their life.

Al, my father was a highly decorated WWII fighter pilot, flew P-51 Mustangs over Europe, was shot down 3 times (once by friendly fire from a U.S. bomber), even captured by the Nazis and escaped. When he returned home after the war, he was hailed as "The Lousiville Ace", having been credited with 5 confirmed kills. You can still find some of his kills, and other information, by googling "Lt. ****** *. ******". Sounds like quite the admirable pilot, no?

He tried to rape me when I was 12 years old. If my mother had not stood between me and him and said "Jerry, you'll have to kill me to get to him", I have no doubt he would have succeeded.

You'll forgive me if I can't bring myself to agree with your universal accolades regarding fighter pilots, or pilots in general. Sweeping generalizations such as those are simply admissions that one doesn't care to utilize the powers of acute observation (read Pete's signature line someday).

Doug

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Doug,

What a disturbing story, I'm so sorry that you had to go through that sort of thing.

Thank God for your moms strength!

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
What a disturbing story, I'm so sorry that you had to go through that sort of thing.

I got over it long ago, Jim....life is what you make of it, I chose to have a happy life rather than be scarred by his actions.

What I find equally disturbing, however, is the perception by many (not just Al) that pilots are beyond reproach. I've had an ex-friend, who had served in VietNam, claim that because the pilots who were sent out to rescue injured and trapped U.S. soldiers seemed to have it together so well, that he was going to vote for John McCain b/c he was a pilot and therefore would do a better job of running the country than BO.

Such sweeping generalizations tend to cause me to discount not just the statement made in that specific situation, but also the judgement of the person who made it in general, in all situations. It's sort of the same way a judge views someone who is caught lying in court....once they have been revealed as a liar, nothing they say (or have said) can be counted on to be true. To me, once someone has made such an assinine sweeping generalization, their judgement can not be counted on to be good.

Al is a smart guy, I'll give him that, regardless of how differently we see things in the political arena. I'm surprised he'd make such an unsupportable statement and revealed my dirty family secret just to emphasize the fallacy of such assumptions and sweeping generalizations.

Clheers from Doug!!

I got over it long ago, Jim....life is what you make of it, I chose to have a happy life rather than be scarred by his actions.

What I find equally disturbing, however, is the perception by many (not just Al) that pilots are beyond reproach. I've had an ex-friend, who had served in VietNam, claim that because the pilots who were sent out to rescue injured and trapped U.S. soldiers seemed to have it together so well, that he was going to vote for John McCain b/c he was a pilot and therefore would do a better job of running the country than BO.

Such sweeping generalizations tend to cause me to discount not just the statement made in that specific situation, but also the judgement of the person who made it in general, in all situations. It's sort of the same way a judge views someone who is caught lying in court....once they have been revealed as a liar, nothing they say (or have said) can be counted on to be true. To me, once someone has made such an assinine sweeping generalization, their judgement can not be counted on to be good.

Al is a smart guy, I'll give him that, regardless of how differently we see things in the political arena. I'm surprised he'd make such an unsupportable statement and revealed my dirty family secret just to emphasize the fallacy of such assumptions and sweeping generalizations.

Clheers from Doug!!

Doug, for wht it's worth I agree with you. Being able to fly a fighter doesn't make you a good person, It just means that you are good at flying planes...

Al, my father was a highly decorated WWII fighter pilot, flew P-51 Mustangs over Europe, was shot down 3 times (once by friendly fire from a U.S. bomber), even captured by the Nazis and escaped. When he returned home after the war, he was hailed as "The Lousiville Ace", having been credited with 5 confirmed kills. You can still find some of his kills, and other information, by googling "** ****** * *******". Sounds like quite the admirable pilot, no?

He tried to rape me when I was 12 years old. If my mother had not stood between me and him and said "Jerry, you'll have to kill me to get to him", I have no doubt he would have succeeded.

You'll forgive me if I can't bring myself to agree with your universal accolades regarding fighter pilots, or pilots in general. Sweeping generalizations such as those are simply admissions that one doesn't care to utilize the powers of acute observation (read Pete's signature line someday).

Doug

I'm very sorry to hear that, but it has nothing to do with intelligence and more to do with moral and or mental imbalance. That's a tough story to share.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
WASHINGTON -- After a weak debate performance and a loss in the Florida straw poll, Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) is having his fitness as the GOP presidential frontrunner seriously questioned.
These doubts were on display during the roundtable on "Fox News Sunday."
"Perry really did throw up all over himself in the debate, at a time when he needed to raise his game. He did worse, it seems to me, than in previous debates. ... Perry is one-half a step away from almost total collapse as a candidate," said Fox News commentator Brit Hume.

When even FOX starts critisizing a Consevative candidate you really have a problem.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Damn, Jim, I was afraid the truth would finally come out about Perry...a self-agrandizing idiot, IMHO, on par with Gee-Dub. Those of us in TX with half a brain (which must be the minority around here, b/c Governor GoodHair was re-elected in the last election despite some rather well-qualified opponents) were hoping the secret would not be let out of the bag until after the presidential election, but, alas, the more GGH talks, the more he stuffs his feet into his mouth and the more it is obvious from his drivel that his head resides where the sun don't shine. I mean, decrying those who criticize his decision to give ILLEGAL immigrants the right to in-state college tuition by suggesting they "...don't have a heart", when he, himself, demonstrated that he doesn't have a heart by refusing federal education monies just so that TX could stick out its chest and say "We stood up to the federal government", with the result that the state budget deficit resulted in significant layoffs of teachers....that is TWO-FACED if I ever saw it, I mean, where is Rick Perry's heart (oh, yeah, I just figured it out....it's up the same dark place where his head is)?

He's an idiot....all those jobs he's so proud of....absolute minimum wage (or lower in the food service industry and the agricultural industry) jobs that went to the illegal immigrants primarily...and then GHH talks out of the other side of his mouth and says he will make sure our border is protected? I swear, the conservatives deserve a buffoon like him on thier ticket....I hope he's nominated, I hope he runs, it would be great fun to watch Bee-OH make mincemeat of him in front of the entire nation (except that it would be in front of the entire world and that would show the world what fools the Republicans have become....HEY, wait.....that would be a GREAT thing, too!!!).

My dream Republican ticket in 2012....Perry and Palin (or better yet, that fool Michelle Bachmann) :thumbsup: . Now, that would make the election REALLY FUN!!

Cheers, Doug!!

WASHINGTON -- After a weak debate performance and a loss in the Florida straw poll, Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) is having his fitness as the GOP presidential frontrunner seriously questioned.
These doubts were on display during the roundtable on "Fox News Sunday."
"Perry really did throw up all over himself in the debate, at a time when he needed to raise his game. He did worse, it seems to me, than in previous debates. ... Perry is one-half a step away from almost total collapse as a candidate," said Fox News commentator Brit Hume.

When even FOX starts critisizing a Consevative candidate you really have a problem.
Perry looked absolutely terrible in every debate...

Government does not create jobs, the private sector creates jobs and under Perry's leadership Texas has become the NUMBER ONE state in the country for job creation. From June of 2009 to June of 2011 1/2 of the U.S.A.'s 524,000 payroll gains come straight from Texas. I love #'s because outside of being indisputable they show the democrats for the charlatans that they are.

*Ahem*, I believe most of those jobs were government jobs, as reported from many sources many months ago. And of course many went to illegal immigrants. Texas also has oil (which Perry had nothing to do with) which also drives down pump prices. Isn't Texas near the top of the list for poverty rate?

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
aero;350228 Isn't Texas near the top of the list for poverty rate?[/QUOTE said:
Yes, and as Perry manipulates the job market to create jobs (so he can brag about job creation to the rest of the TEA partiers), those jobs are for the most part in the poverty level....and, sadly, many TX teachers, who previously held decent paying jobs and paid taxes, are now in that poverty bracket that pays NO taxes, thanks to Rick Perry's refusal to accept Federal education monies...again, so he could "posture" to his TEA party constituency that TX had stood up to Federal intrusion during his tenure as governor (and, in standing up to the federal government, ensured that TX could continue to provide a second class education to its students, all so that TX students would not have to meet federal AYP, which means Annual Yearly Progress, guidelines). The ruling aristocracy here in TX must be so proud!!

Texas is, sadly, becoming one of those states in which I believe armed class warfare is possible. Already we have illegal immigrants preying on our citizens, and despite Perry's posturing over border control, the simple truth is that he has done next-to-nothing about it, all the while residing in a $10,000/month mansion while the state governor's residence is being repaired from an incident where someone set it afire with a malotov coctail (now, if that isn't an act of warfare, I ask, what is it?).

There is incredible anger toward Perry among the mainstream in TX, but many of those mainstream aren't allowed to vote b/c of immigration status. So, Perry continues to be elected through the tactics of his fellow elite conservative voter base and the intimidation influence they can bring to force on their low-paid employees.

So, I say, go forward with Perry, conservatives....he is even more polarizing than was McCain in the last election. Go ahead with Perry, see where it gets you. Go ahead.....please!!!!

Cheers, Doug!!

Back