My Scratch Built Project

More;

Attachments

• 75439-February24,2006008.jpg
    75439-February24,2006008.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 1,271
Phil, can I ask where you purchased the body pannels from. I am currently in the planning stages of a scratch build,and looking at all the avenues for a body, and any info on chassis design. I currently finished a cobra scratch build with mustang II front suspension. I am not a purist, so doner parts are definately an option.Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks Steve;

Steve, you have a PM.
Here are some photos of my completed front wheel mounts to take the 15 X 10 fronts.

Attachments

• PICT0002.jpg
    PICT0002.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,243
  • PICT0003.jpg
    PICT0003.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 1,335
Phil,
Where in New Jersey are you?I am located in the New Brunswick area.I am a fabrication nut and although I don't currently have a GT40,I race a few cars(Spec Miata) and am in the process of restoring an old IMSA Fiero(tube Chassis GTU car)repowered with an LS6/Porsche 930trans combo.I enjoy checking out the creativity of others in the construction of race/kit cars.
Dave D.

Dave
I am in the Clinton area, just off I 78, I'll PM you with my address if you are interested in stopping by.
Cheers
Phil

Richard
My uprights are my own design. I wanted the upright to fit into the wheels I am using, and provide as much stability as I could get.
They are 6061 alum, and use a ford bearing and hub.
My goal was to get my lower wishbone and transverse upper links as long as possible, while keeping with the 56" track width...everything works, and the units are strong and very light.
Here is a photo of the upright installed with just the hub mounted.
Cheers
Phil

Attachments

• September 2004 084.jpg
    September 2004 084.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 933

Darnel A.

Supporter
Any updates? This is a great build, I'd love to see more. Gives me any incentive to get started on my scratchbuild!

Darnel

Darnel:

I was just taking some more photos today, and planned to post them as soon as I could..then your post was up.
I have just finished mounting wheels to custom made 6 pin adapters, and some more wiring and sheeting. I hope to have those pictures up tomorrow or the next day.
Thanks for your interest. I hope you start your project soon.
Phil

Darnel:

I was just taking some more photos today, and planned to post them as soon as I could..then your post was up.
I have just finished mounting wheels to custom made 6 pin adapters, and some more wiring and sheeting. I hope to have those pictures up tomorrow or the next day.
Thanks for your interest. I hope you start your project soon.
Phil

Phillip!

Hello my friend! John McMahon here...I lurk here quite a bit and haven't heard much from you. Glad to see you are still plugging along! I need to stop by your shop one of these days and catch up.

:D

JM

A blast from the past!
Good to hear from you. I must admit I probably misplaced your number some time ago. Feel free to stop by anytime, usually after 4:00 pm is best and I will explain when I see you.
Meanwhile the car is progressing slowly as I related in my post yesterday, and I need to get some photos for posting.
Hope to see you soon
Phil

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Phil great work. I would be interetsed in seeing some pictures of the six pin adapters if you don't mind. Thanks.

Phil, good to see you are still plugging along. Hope to see you at the Carlisle Kit Car Show in the spring. Bring your chassis so we can have a look!

Bill;
Good to hear from you. Don't know about bringing my chassis, but I will be there for sure. Meanwhile here are some photos I promised, progress is a little slow as I am on a big project now and happy to have work so "nose to the grindstone" as they say.
Here are photos I took sunday, wheels and tires are mounted, and I am working to complete panels and then on to some wiring. Brake pipes are run, need to complete mounting the rear brakes and flex lines to all 4 wheels.
Bill, I will give you a call in the next few days.
Cheers
Phil

Attachments

• gt photos 010.jpg
    gt photos 010.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 600
  • gt photos 015.jpg
    gt photos 015.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 551
  • gt photos 017.jpg
    gt photos 017.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 555
  • gt photos 018.jpg
    gt photos 018.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 549
  • gt photos 019.jpg
    gt photos 019.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 625
A few more for good measure.

Attachments

• gt photos 024.jpg
    gt photos 024.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 576
  • gt photos 026.jpg
    gt photos 026.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 598
  • gt photos 020.jpg
    gt photos 020.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 658
  • gt photos 016.jpg
    gt photos 016.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 581
Back to my passion. A little spring cleaning and making space for the important stuff.
Finally got my adapters sorted out and wheels mounted correctly. I need to start fitting up the center section and then doors. I should have my rear decklid soon and can't wait to see how the tires fill the wheels arches. Hopefully I can progress faster than I have lately, and post some more progress. Took a few photos outside today and I think it sits about right.
Cheers
Phil

Attachments

• gt photos 002.jpg
    gt photos 002.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 732
  • gt photos 007.jpg
    gt photos 007.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 674
  • gt photos 006.jpg
    gt photos 006.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 642