New Ford GT Application Process

Good Luck Mr. Skiles. If I was involved in the selection process, you'd be sitting in one shortly after their release based on your letter. The fact you've been involved in ownership and care of the cars that put FORD on the pinnacle of historic makes would grant you immediate access. I truly hope FORD takes this into consideration.

Good Luck Mr. Skiles. If I was involved in the selection process, you'd be sitting in one shortly after their release based on your letter. The fact you've been involved in ownership and care of the cars that put FORD on the pinnacle of historic makes would grant you immediate access. I truly hope FORD takes this into consideration.

Jimmy I wish YOU were involved in selection process.
Should have told them I plan on giving 50 Make a Wish rides
for the kids . I will gladly if I get selected.

open letter to William Ford/Raj Nair
why not I have nothing to loose!
April 14, 2016ffice:eek:ffice" /><!--?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
o:p><br> <font face=
Mr. William Clay Ford<o:p></o:p>
Mr. Raj Nair<o:p></o:p>
1 American road<o:p></o:p>
Dearborn, Mi. 48126<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Dear Sirs:<o:p></o:p>
I’m writing to you regarding the Ford Gt application process. I’m 71 years old but young at heart.<o:p></o:p>

I' feeling sorry for Mr. Clay Ford. He will be not even considered.

Here this is what I posted on the Road and Driver FB Page.....

This is the MOST outrageous "Application" to buy a vehicle (never street test driven) period.
Why in the world they need to know what is in my garage. This is more a questionnaire to an investor than a DRIVER.
FORD, you just showed the whole world, that what you are about is the
$$.
You just don't care about the real car guys, you would rather sell that car to a individual with a F250 in the garage who has very little passion (just the bucks) than to a guy with a 911.
90% of the cars will be never driven by their first owners, that is fact. So that ridicules theater is for nothing - may some promotion stunt. But I can tell you, that one backfired to me and we'll see by how many others.

Sorry for the Rant, but this is so bad!

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Whatever happened to "the good ole days" when anyone could go into any FORD/CHEV/MOPAR (or whomever else's) dealership, plunk down the dollars for "the latest and greatest"...and have it mystically and magically appear in one's driveway "X" number of weeks later - WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY A D-I-M-E OVER "STICKER"???

I remember the day when any dealer who tried to suck a DIME over "sticker" out of a customer for any car would have been tarred and feathered (figuratively) and driven out of town on a rail...and his dealership would have F-O-L-D-E-D shortly thereafter due to the bad 'P.R.' on the consumer "grapevine". :beadyeyes:

'Gospel...

Last edited:

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Whatever happened to "the good ole days" when anyone could go into any FORD/CHEV/MOPAR (or whomever else's) dealership, plunk down the dollars for "the latest and greatest"...and have it mystically and magically appear in one's driveway "X" number of weeks later - WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY A D-I-M-E OVER "STICKER"???

I remember the day when any dealer who tried to suck a DIME over "sticker" out of a customer for any car would have been tarred and feathered (figuratively) and driven out of town on a rail...and his dealership would have F-O-L-D-E-D shortly thereafter due to the bad 'P.R.' on the consumer "grapevine". :beadyeyes:

'Gospel...

Larry,

Without getting into "Econ 101", it is the PURCHASERS who made the "ADM" (Additional Dealer Markup) model work. If no one will pay it, it does not exist! Remember there was a time when people were paying well over list for a PT Cruiser! Just so they could be first in neighborhood.

Ford is attempting, albeit clumsily, to prevent such events on the new GT. They don't want the cars flipped at auction the week after delivery. They don't want the cars hidden away in collections never to be driven. They want the cars out and about, driven, used and seen.

Remember these are not a profit center for Ford. Figure it out, 250 cars at say, $425,000.00 even if they didn't need to pay MultiMatic for the cars,does not equal a weeks worth of gross profit on Fusion production. These cars are advertising, pure and simple. This program makes no more business case than the 05-06 GTs did. But the 05-06 cars helped turn around the culture inside Ford, brought people into dealerships and reaped press that could not have been bought for multiple millions of dollars.

Are some dealers greedy? For sure. But if people were not willing to pay $65,000 over list for a 2016 GT350R, they would not sell them for that price. And right now dealers are paying other dealers $40,000 over for a "R" because they can still make 10 or 20 K on the retail sale!

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I do understand all of that, Rick...including the part about consumers actions (or non actions, if you will) being at the root cause of the situation. Especially that part, actually. That is what I was getting at above...hence the "tar and feather" comment.

When manufacturers started putting "second stickers" (ADMs) on their cars (in the 1980s, I think?), my local Caddy dealer got an earful from me about it. Trust me when I tell you, I bought the car I wanted below factory window sticker. Cash does talk, I guess.

Except for my Ford GT, I've n-e-v-e-r paid a premium on any car I've bought. The O-N-L-Y reason I paid one on the FGT was because Ford SAID there would be no more of them...'that when the 4038 '05/'06 FGTs they made were gone that would be it. And, so, when I found out there was ONE CAR left in Seattle with the color/options I wanted (there were two other cars available - three galaxies away), I bought it. The second sticker on the car was $250K US. Again, "trust me when I tell you", I didn't pay anywhere NEAR that. 'Drove it out the door (so to speak...'dealer actually brought it up to my place in a transporter) for a tad over $190K...tax, license, dealer prep, freight, steering wheel, gas tank and whatever else all included. BTW...the transporter delivery? No change. (Well, no additional charge anyway. We all know how that works.)

I've said many times (for years, actually) exactly what you said above: If consumers refused to play the ADM game, it would go away. It would. 'Probably would just be replaced by higher factory sticker prices and dealer margins to make up for it, but...

It really helps when one gets to the point in life where he's looooooooong past the, "'Gotta have it! 'GOTTA HAVE IT!!! 'GOTTA HAVE IT AT ANY PRICE!!!!!", mindset. Once there, it's amazing how easy it is to walk away from any purchase wherein an ADM is "non negotiable". Especially where cars are concerned. After all, how many of us still have the cars we just HAD to have even 10 years ago? ;)
:chug:

Last edited:

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Larry,

The manufacturer does NOT put the "ADM" sticker on, the dealer does.

If the manufacturer wants more money, they merely raise the wholesale price. Note: they may or may not raise the list price. Ford just took 1.75% out of the price spread between wholesale and list on April 11th so the dealer has less room for discounts. The eventual business model is to have the list price be the transaction price and the dealer will get all of his profit a rebate/CSI bonus from the manufacturer.

The business is changing.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Larry,

The manufacturer does NOT put the "ADM" sticker on, the dealer does.

I know that as well, Rick. I simply misspoke - uh - typed. I'm old...and dyslexic on toppa that. 'Sad combination. :sad:

That's why the local Caddy dealer is the one who got the earful from me and not G.M....even though one would think the practice must have had G.M.'s (Ford's, Mopar's) blessing or those 2nd stickers would ALL have gone bye-bye in a heartbeat.

'Amazing how every dealer in the country somehow managed to adopt that gimmick at the very same time though, innit... :sneaky:

Last edited:
I'm still trying to figure out how to get a Bugatti Veyron into my garage, and now they've complicated the choice with the Chiron.
When I told my friend Saturday I'd bought a 1932 Buick, he did ask what my psychiatrist said.

I will pay the entire lunch of any gathering what we have here in Dallas when this happens!

Word!

In other words sir you don't like my chances? Actually
I don't either.I suggested the other day to marketing that
everyone awarded a car should offer to donate 50 rides
(since it is 50th anniversary car) to Make a Wish.
just 200 cars could provide 10,000 rides to disabled or
troubled kids. THAT WOULD GET FORD MAX PR while
doing the community good.

Last edited:

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
I took Rick's approach. I completed an application so I can simply frame my rejection letter and hang it on the wall.

Back