New TRT Transaxle

Hi Richard -

I'm very sorry to hear that you've been suffering heart problems but regardless of investment of time and money, your health and general 'well being' should be put above all other issues. You have clearly been lucky in one way in that you are both here and able to make such a posting and decision.

Sit back - rest - relax - recharge your batteries and we all wish you a speedy full recovery and look forward to the continuation/completion of your project at a future time.:) :) :)

Well I guess that's why I could not reach you by phone then! This must have happened right after we last spoke. I was really looking forward to getting my TRT, although probably not as much as you were looking forward to delivering it to me! I am bummed my build probably wont be able to wait .... I really, really was lookng forward to a paddle shifted car (fairly easy to do with a sequential trans)

Of course the tranny is nothing compared to your good health, so here is to wishing you a speedy recovery.

All the best Richard.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Richard,
good luck - get it sorted asap and everything will still be there waiting.
I'm one week into recovery now and today walked around town, got a haircut, and felt really good- probably the best I've felt in the last year or so.
Dave

Hi Guys

get well soon,

getting older is a bugger, we get slower as our cars and lives get faster.

regards

Chris.

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Richard,

Having had my cardiac cherry popped recently also, I can relate a similar outcome as David; although I only had stints placed in my arteries and not the full rib cracking that he had.

Follow orders conscientiously and you'll be surprised at how well they have you feeling in no time. But don't let that fool you into doing too much too soon though; that is, follow their recovery timeline and milestones as well.

Holler if I can help you out in any way.

Regards,
Lynn

Richard, I'm sorry to hear of your health troubles, but am very glad to know you are still with us! Please accept my most sincere wishes for a complete recovery and many healthy years in your future. Now go "chillax," as my kids say, and make yourself get better!

Just started reading this thread today. Not really interested in the body of the thread, just the end of it. "If" Richard is with us, he has some hurdles to overcome, and they are significant. With his family history and the limited info he gave, it is discernible that the damage of the episode back in June was not just an eye opener. Depending on which "vain"(read artery) is clogged, he may be in for trouble. Just because it is one artery instead of three or four is not the issue. First it is which artery is involved.
If it is the left anterior descending artery, this is the one that supplies the left side of the heart. Damage to this one is important cause it is the one that pumps it to all the body, not just one organ system(right to the lungs). You can bet two other things.
1.When you have a "heart attack", what you have had is a rupture of a plaque inside the artery. The rupture is the damaging act. The clot is the one they refer to when they put you on the "clot buster medicines". If he was not treated soon enough, the damage is permanent. the muscle beyond that point has died and is non functional. Imagine the muscle in your arm has suffered this fate. you can readily see how hard it would be for the remaining muscle to do the normal things you would do with your arm. That's why they say no stress. Stress= increased blood pressure and more work for the muscle that is left.
2. Any one that has suffered a rupture, has HAD another and possibly a third rupture. They have never found just one rupture at the time of a heart attack. They may be minor(read smaller), but its there.
With his other factor, his cholesterols, he is a ticking time bomb. This has gone on for a long time due to his family history. The diet is the key to keep it from getting WORSE. We used to see the plaques forming in the major arteries(cardiac) of G Is who were killed in Korea. That was 18-21 year olds. Today we are seeing the same plaques in 8-10 year olds. The sedentary lifestyles and poor eating habits have helped contribute to it. We may be ABLE to live longer with todays technology, but more will be dying off at earlier ages due to lifestyles. Message here, 1. get a checkup 2. Get your cholesterol in check 3. Intervene on your kids now, and they may live longer.
This generation of individuals will probably live to be the oldest, due to our lifestyles and eating habits as kids. We all ate at home for the most part and we played outside, used our imagination in our play, and we either walked, rode a bike, or animal to get somewhere. Automobiles were for trips, shopping, family events, not to go to the movie show or visit with friends.
Some of the latest research shows that the greatest outlay of real and unrealized spending is greatest for 1. Mental health 2. Diabetes(now seeing type II in kids) then cancer and vascular.
Take care guys, get your checkups(cardiac, GI, GU) you could be next!!

Bill

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Or, he might be dead for all you know, Dave. And BTW, it's been 5 months now.

Richard was alive 6 weeks ago--his most recent post was 10/3 or 6 (?)/07, according to his profile.

Here's hoping he is doing well and recovering from the ill effects of the heart attack. It takes a while. He seems quite committed to the completion of this project, but it is possible he has had to put it on the back burner to reduce stress in his life.

Doug

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Greetings all,

Richard and I spoke over the telephone some weeks back, and he sounded great. Wisely, he confessed to be following doctors orders and is taking things easy. He has every intention to get back to the transaxle, though not at the 'full speed ahead' tempo as in the past.

When it's ready, trust me, he'll let everyone know. I, for one, can't wait to see the results!

Best,

T.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
429mustang
Words fail me. At least yours do.......
David Morton
5 coronary arterial bypasses , 18th June 2007.

Congratulations on your survival, David, and here's wishing you many more years of racing and living well!!

Thank goodness for modern medical/science. My dad died of his first heart attack at the age of 48. I have to believe that if the medical field had been as advanced back in 1964 as it is now, he would have had enough advance notice to have done as you did and might well be with us to this day.

Oh, and about your reply to 429mustang--an excellent example of what I call "elegant restraint" :) Very classy!!

Cheers to you, David!!

Doug

The human body is quite a unique piece of equipment. As everyone has differences in their body chemistry, along with being at different levels of health conditioning, it is a justifiable exercise in documented history in heart attack cases that result in differences in everyones recovery time frame.

Following doctors orders to "take it easy" is a paramount statement in fact. I hope I never have a heart attack, but I know based on what I went through with my cancer issue and operation in March '07, I can say first hand that once a person is subjected to a major ordeal as Richard has, when the time is right, his health condition will allow him to again be a part of this web site.

I wish Richard the best, and hope his recovery goes as well as it can.

Back