New View

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Ron,

I am always impressed at how hard you work to keep the Forum fresh and new. It really makes this a great and dynamic place and I (among the rest here) really appreciate your efforts and hard work.

I will join some others in commenting that, as cool as the new look is, my tired failing eyes have a bit of trouble reading the white on black text.

Cheers!,
Mark

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
OK, Me stupid...

I just realized that you've made a whole bunch of new skins and we can choose using the little pull-down in the bottom left. Naturally, I go for the "Red Mk1"!

Awesome! We can have a new look whenever we get bored! You guys are truly fantastic!

Mark

Excellent

Now I can reflect my moods as well as enjoying (mostly!) informative stuff, well done Ron. Watching in black at the moment as my now (ready to go RCR40) is still waiting on the shipping company.

John

Harry

Admin
We just got a PM about thumb issues: we are completing building the thumbs, please just wait 30-40 minutes. Thanks!

Hi Ron,
Great job on the new look, I really like the yellow MKIV although it should be a MK I like mine will be ( love yellow )
Bob Stoeger

The new skins are cool, but they use the same color for the text and links (both in the new default skin, and the Gulf skin). The only way to identify a link is to let the mouse hover over it.

Harry

Admin
Hey BenL, I will change the link colors in those two skins and see if it looks as good; I think what you suggested makes perfect sense.

Harry

Admin
Please take a look at the Black Skin links and let me know if it is better this way. We used the same color to make it look a bit more relaxing, but maybe this is not disturbing to the eye (if you like black bg/white font skins).

Ron and all the guys who spent so much time to keep this forum refreshing and up to date.

A big thank's and it all looks great .

SUPER.......

Frank

Harry

Admin
Thanks for the help! I am changing the colors of the links in the Gulf one as well. I have tried a very dark grey in the yellow one as well, even though the difference is probably not noticeable enough.

We are also adding a lot of smilies and changing the old ones who had bad edges. To not make things more difficult for you, we are dividing them into Generic Smilies (the ones more commonly used and shown first in the smilies pop-up) and Special Smilies category.

I think i found a problem!!!

When you click on the thumbnail pictures at the top of the page, a lot of the time, it doesn't take you to the correct page to view it.

Ron, First of all, a big thank you for the work you put into this Forum. Secondly, while I really like new colours, they are too hard on my senior eyes, so have opted back to the "Classic" look. At least we have the choice.

Harry

Admin
I think i found a problem!!!

When you click on the thumbnail pictures at the top of the page, a lot of the time, it doesn't take you to the correct page to view it.

Thanks a lot for reporting this. The issue has been fixed - as I suspected it was a problem with vBSEO's link renaming and the way we triggered new images to be reloaded. We were unable to spot this in our development forums without vBSEO.

Harry

Admin
We have added a new version of the Black skin in addition to the default ones for those that prefer light backgrounds with dark font - you can select it from the bottom of this page; it's immediately below the default Black skin.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Firstly I offer my thanks for those on the site that do so much work in the background to keep theis site up to date - I really need my daily fix!

But I think I have a problem
In the build threads the new thumbnailsare visable nut how do you get a bigger view?
I have tried clicking, Control Click etc but they remain the same

That said I am on a Mac OSX and Safari if that makes a difference.

Not a major complaint by any means and no doubt you are still busy on other more pressing points

Thanks again

Ian

Back