New View

Harry

Admin
Hey Ian - this is likely a MacOSx issue with the new vBulletin feature. I think Ron has setup the images to open when you simply hover with your mouse.

I will investigate the issue and send you a PM once I found out something.

Wow, a fantastic change! Thanks for all the hard work. I am some how drawn to the Dean...I mean Mk1 racer look.

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
In the build threads the new thumbnailsare visable nut how do you get a bigger view?
I have tried clicking, Control Click etc but they remain the same

That said I am on a Mac OSX and Safari if that makes a difference.

Ian, I'm using Mac OSX and Safari (both the most current versions) and the images click-enlarge fine for me. Possibly an older version of OSX, Safari, or some browser setting (no pop-ups?) may be a factor.

Ron/Carlito: Now that you are saving literally terabytes of data through-put by using the tiny preview images, are you planning to increase the allowable size of posted thread images from 640x480 to something larger? It would be really great for those of us with failing eyesight that really need to revel in the details of things. ;) Yeah, I know, it's never enough! :)

Harry

Admin
Haha, I understand that - I admit I spent some time looking just at the amazing images of the even more amazing cars you have. But obviously the decision is Ron's ;)

And thanks a lot for helping with MacOSx. We have actually an Apple Mini in our office and could not see the issue; yet if Ian is still experiencing the error, I am interested in finding out and eventually file a bug report at vBulletin's official bug tracker.

We have added a new version of the Black skin in addition to the default ones for those that prefer light backgrounds with dark font - you can select it from the bottom of this page; it's immediately below the default Black skin.
At the moment, it's my favorite of the skins.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
The desk machine is running Safari 1.0.3 (v85.8.1)
The OSX version is 10.2.8
It's on an 800mhz power pc G4

I have now allowed popups and still no change

Still cannot open he thumbnails!

Checked on the wife's G4 laptop
Safari 3.0.4 (523.12.2)
On OSX10.4.11
It works fine

Looks like time to upgrade the desk computer! I recon If I stick the new OSX on the old machine it will be so slow it will be unworkable unless anyone here knows differently

Ian

Harry

Admin
Yes, the OS is old, and the bad thing is that you cannot upgrade to a newer safari without upgrading the OS - and that's bad, because running an old browser is the best way of getting something nasty in your machine, even though it's more rare on Mac OSx than on Windows machines. I am not sure if it would solve anything, but have you tried Camino - the newer versions are even better than Safari, even though you can install only the 1.0.6 in your system, which I have never used. This is the last version for your OS:

Camino. Downloading Camino 1.0.6

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Ian,

Trust me, your old G4 will crawl like cold 70-weight oil if you upgrade to OSX 10.5.2 — partially because you probably don't have 2GB of Ram in your old workhorse.

I suggest that you give Firefox a try. It's very Mac friendly and widely used. In my experience (I bought my first Macs in 1985...) sites that don't work with Safari generally do OK under Firefox. It will work with OSX v10.2 and later.

Firefox web browser | Faster, more secure, & customizable

If you DO decide to upgrade, give a close look to the newest iMacs. They're fantastic value.

Good luck!
Mark

The desk machine is running Safari 1.0.3 (v85.8.1)
The OSX version is 10.2.8
It's on an 800mhz power pc G4

I have now allowed popups and still no change

Still cannot open he thumbnails!

Checked on the wife's G4 laptop
Safari 3.0.4 (523.12.2)
On OSX10.4.11
It works fine

Looks like time to upgrade the desk computer! I recon If I stick the new OSX on the old machine it will be so slow it will be unworkable unless anyone here knows differently

Ian

Firstly I have to say that I am useing the classic screen only, my old eyes cant take the new screens that well at all. Secondly I want to ask whether I can get full screen presentation of the uploaded pictures, I can only get very small pictures when I click onto the thumbnails in the postings, can anyone advise ? Thanks

Hi everyone,
If you think G4 OSX is slow you might have some pity for me. My iMac is around 8 years old and I am running OS 9.2.2 with a 350MHZ clockspeed.
My problem is I can live with the time it takes to open pictures threads. I can go away and wait for my kettle to boil. My main problem now is the message box has suddenly shrunk to 2 inches wide and it is differcult to type in a reply. Cannot anyone retify my problem? (or is this normal??)
Regards Allan

I think the new view is imaginative and carries a lot of impact.
However, I agree with Frank; the GT40s Classic view is much better for seeing the facts and I always use it.
However, one plea. I only log on when I have something to say, so I nearly always have to change the view at the bottom of the screen. It would be much easier if it could be in a little box at the top, so we don't have to scroll all the way down to get at it.
Alternatively, is there a command line suffix that will change it automatically whenever the site is opened not logged on?
Otherwise, great stuff.
Tony

Back