oil cooler mount pictures?

That's what I like, everyone is a little different. It can make a manufacturer crazy and talk like he's British but other than that it makes for a great hobby! :laugh:

Steve

Supporter
I like the option of the race wing with the street tail. When you do get a workable solution, do you mind posting a video of the tail being opened and closed?

I'm trying to picture how this would work in my head but I can't

For those putting the coolers in the side ducts, how are you getting your hoses to the cooler since it seems they have to pass over the exhaust (and heat rises). Just clamp them to the rear x-brace away from the exhaust best you can and maybe cover in heat reflective tape?

For those putting the coolers in the side ducts, how are you getting your hoses to the cooler since it seems they have to pass over the exhaust (and heat rises). Just clamp them to the rear x-brace away from the exhaust best you can and maybe cover in heat reflective tape?
Better solution: put a rotary in it and you won't have that problem :D

I have two Setrab 650 series coolers, one for each side vent but they are not plumbed yet though the routing is planned to be in front of the engine with my dry-sump tank on the drivers side in the triangulated area...much like Fran's original car, just the opposite side.

I guess it depends on what coolers and how they are oriented in that area as to how they will be plumbed. Plan accordingly.

Does this photo help? If so, I might have more from other angles.

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_2136 [1024x768].jpg
    Copy of IMG_2136 [1024x768].jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 302
My wing is not interfering with the tail swing, they wing subframe is. Even if the wing was removed the tabs hit the clamshell. The geometry needs to change, I tried opening the slots up but would have to go up another 3 inches into the body past the diffuser section. I believe it would weaken the tail too much, also wouldn't look so good.

Back