Open Road Race Team wants ...

In defense of the onslaught of GM Teams (2 Corvette and the GM-Orphans [led by fine people]) for the April 26th 2003 race at Big Bend Texas (www.bborr.com); I have been allowed to create a Team.

This Team is the result of my confusion as which car I will be bringing to Big Bend. Sadly, it will not ba a GT40.

Team Hobbyist Motorsports: open to any racer that engages in or follows non-professional motorsports. If you autocross, you qualify. If you drag race, you qualify. If you ice race, you qualify. If you go-cart it, you qualify. If you BMX, you qualify. If you belong to clubs that engage or support hobbyist motorsports, you qualify. Our team will need ten members, since we are a "mixed" team.

I will be bringing free stickers (Grass Roots Motorsports) to anyone that joins the team. Having a GRM sticker on your car might get it pictured in the Grass Roots Motorsports magazine. The magazine has also expressed interest in stories about Open Road Race cars, so let me know if I may try to submit a story about your car.

Neil Berry [email protected]

Team Hobbyist Motorsports will be attending the Big Bend Open Road Race. The event will take place on Saturday April 26 2003. Technical inspections will take place the days beforehand. The cost depends the speed class, so check www.bborr.com.

Joining a valid team will get a $25 discount. This team is a mixed format team, so it will need 10 members. A pure format team needs only 5 members, so 5 GT40 cars could form a team of 5.

Not that far away from April 26th, is the Bonneville 100 event on Sunday June 22. There is likely to be a different team there. The discount program is also different there also.

I expect to be on the road heading toward Fort Stockton very soon. My email is [email protected]; but I am not sure when I will able to check it.

Please look me up at Big Bend to sign up for Team Hobbyist Motorsports. I will arriving with my 2002 Lightning. If I fail technical inspection, I hope to work on the course.

Back