P4 in Red

Attachments

• 66677-Picture004.jpg
    66677-Picture004.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 462
0846 under the knife. After discussions with pininfarina we've come to realize that the rear roll hoop (basket) was raised on the spyders to act as a spoiler.
Pretty interesting.

Attachments

• 66729-0846spydertail2.jpg
    66729-0846spydertail2.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 478
Jim,

I really appreciated the pic of the car in Danbury. I spent many a day there working for Union Carbide before Dow bought and dismembered the place. Drove that stretch of road many, many times. Brought back lots of memories and gave me a few daydreams too.

As I've said before, it is nice to know that some money is well spent saving such wonderful historic vehicles. Glad you enjoy them on the road once in a while!!!

Jim:

Step by step.

Liitle by little we're getting there as time and our checkbooks allow. Our chief "restorer" only has after hours time to work on it.

Our goal is to have it ready for the Shelby Convention at VIR. the end of June.

Motor has been gone through and run in. There is nothing like watching (and listening to) a 427 dry sump motor on an engine stand. Glorious sound!

The gearbox is going back together and the basic chassis/tub has been gone through. We are re-doing some of the tanks and ancillary bits. We seem to have everything (even a Boeing 707 wiper motor) but everything needs to be refurbished. The standard that we are trying to achieve is that which it would have been had it been one of the cars run at LeMans in 67.

Regards,
Jim

Yes that will come off as well. The problem is that over the years people IMO overstored these cars and used mondo bondo to smooth them out. In the day it was a thin coat of paint and the bodies ruffness could still be seen. When we're done IMO it will look as it did on the day.

Back