P4 in Red

hi Jim,
Just a question I dont understand in this masterpiece.
Why do u decided to modify the car into spyder version being that original closed vehicle?
In such nice refurbishing (all alu handmade..as the originals /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif)i really dunno why u choosed to change that(all the historical palmares of the car was done as closed car).

I just wonder and ask u, ....also cause I like more too the spyder version.

Thank U Jim
Paolo(too nice works down tehre...really /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

kenshiro8 said:
hi Jim,
Just a question I dont understand in this masterpiece.
Why do u decided to modify the car into spyder version being that original closed vehicle?
In such nice refurbishing (all alu handmade..as the originals /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif)i really dunno why u choosed to change that(all the historical palmares of the car was done as closed car).

I just wonder and ask u, ....also cause I like more too the spyder version.

Thank U Jim
Paolo(too nice works down tehre...really /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Hi

This one is P 3/4 0846 which was originally a spyder.
I also own 412 P 0854 which was originally a coupe.
I am now restoring both of these cars to their original configuration.

Best

0846 and 002C will be there:

VETERAN CAR CLUB PANORMUS
LA SICILIA DEI FLORIO GIRO DI SICILIA TARGA FLORIO
Via dei Peloritani, 24 – 90144 Palermo – Tel. 091\522090 – fax 091\6700382
http://girodisicilia.it Email : [email protected]
FEDERATO ASI

XVIII TOUR OF SICILY – TARGA FLORIO

30th MAY – 4th June 2006-03-17

30th MAY h 5pm Arrival of the partecipant from Genoa
Transfer at the Hotel Torre Normanna
Check in Verifications of the competition documents
Dinner – Overnight stay

31th May h 8.30am Transfer to Floriopoli
h 9.30am Departure of the 1st car from the Cerda’s stands (Targa Florio 2 laps)
h 1.00pm Arrival of the 1st car at Cerda’s Station – Transfer at the Hotel Torre Normanna
h 2.00pm Lunch at the Hotel Torre Normanna
h 5.00pm Transfer to Palermo
h 7.00pm Dinner in a characteristic restaurant
h 9.00pm Departure of the 1st car for the 1st lap
h 12.00pm Arrival of the 1st car at Sciacca – Overnight stay at the Hotel Torre Makauda

1st June h 9.00am Departure of the 1st car for the 2nd lap Giro di Sicilia – Targa Florio
h 1.00pm Lunch at Villa Fegotto (Sperlinga)
h 5.00pm Arrival of the 1st car at the Hotel Kastalia – Kamarina
h 8.30pm Dinner and Prize gising of the 1st and 2nd lap – Overnight stay

2nd June h 8.30am Departure of the 1st car
h 9.30am Passing through Ragusa
h 11.30am Arrival of the 1st car at the Autodrome of Siracusa – Lunch – Autodrome
Sightseeing of Siracusa for the ladies
h 6.00pm Arrival of the 1st car at Catania – Villa Bellini – Transfer at the Hotel Perla Ionica
Dinner and overnight stay

3rd June h 8.30am Departure of the 1st car for Hotel Torre Normanna
h 1.00pm Lunch at Falcone
h 5.00pm Arrival of the 1st car at Termini Imerese – Transfer to the Hotel Torre Normanna

h 8.30pm Dinner and price giving of the 4th lap – Overnight stay

4th June (dedicated to the Handicappers)
h 9.00am Transfer to Palermo
h 10.00am Departure for the Monte Pellegrino from Valdesi
h 1.00pm Lunch
h 4.00pm Transfer to the Hotel Torre Normanna
h 6.30pm Prize giving of the XVIII Giro di Sicilia – Targa Florio
h 8.30pm Gala dinner – Overnight stay – End of the Manifestaion

XVIII TOUR OF SICILY – TARGA FLORIO
I did a similar historic car tour of Sicily in 2004 with my father (his car). The tour was great. Driving along the old roads was fun. At each stop, the locals went all out to make us feel welcome, even the police.

Reality is a little different today, and today real targa florio has becomed a stage of the Italian rally championship.
More, the people surely will love u all so much,cause sicilians are really cool people at all.
Nowadays that race will anyway cross really dangerous zones., in those u can really feel the presence of mafia..as a sort of big brother blessing u

Rememeber all u see there, has been previously cleaned up, cause a lot of rich foreigners coming and nobody wants to show the nasty part of that wonderful land.

In Sicilia there is a really different reality, think very few people outside the island can understand.

They were able to hide, for up to 40 years a mafia super dangerous boss...in his home, just recently arrested.
His name is Bernardo " biddu" Provenzano, arrested in Corleone.
Compared to him, john Gotti was mister nobody.

enjoy the race and anyway..be careful

Paolo

kenshiro8 said:
Reality is a little different today, and today real targa florio has becomed a stage of the Italian rally championship.
More, the people surely will love u all so much,cause sicilians are really cool people at all.
Nowadays that race will anyway cross really dangerous zones., in those u can really feel the presence of mafia..as a sort of big brother blessing u

Rememeber all u see there, has been previously cleaned up, cause a lot of rich foreigners coming and nobody wants to show the nasty part of that wonderful land.

In Sicilia there is a really different reality, think very few people outside the island can understand.

They were able to hide, for up to 40 years a mafia super dangerous boss...in his home, just recently arrested.
His name is Bernardo " biddu" Provenzano, arrested in Corleone.
Compared to him, john Gotti was mister nobody.

enjoy the race and anyway..be careful

Paolo

Thanks. Last year everyone was wonderfull and we had a great time.

also I hope u will found great weather down there.
Today is +25c and completely clear in all Italy,from alps to lampedusa.
Now is full summer and u will love that too:))

Enjoy guys, and if u can post pics.

Don Paolo

This is a great topic (I am a Ferrari enthusiast and I have studied much of the history of racing Ferrari's) and I really like how open you are about the car. Absolutely great that this car is brought back to former glory. I don't always get it regarding originality. This is a race car and these sometimes get (badly) damaged in combat. Back in it's day race cars were fixed to do further racing. Once they become old they are sometimes forgotten, but what is the problem and difference if they are restored to former glory? Are they less original? What is original with race cars? How long can you keep a car that is being used original? In the end an engine might blow up, a transmission might explode, so new parts are used. I don't see the point, let's all enjoy the sight and sound of these wonderful machines and be happy that people take the time and money to have these cars restored (just my thoughts in general and not in particular to this forum or this car).

On # 0846 do you have the P4 body or the earlier and slightly different P3 body?

John

This is a great topic (I am a Ferrari enthusiast and I have studied much of the history of racing Ferrari's) and I really like how open you are about the car. Absolutely great that this car is brought back to former glory. I don't always get it regarding originality. This is a race car and these sometimes get (badly) damaged in combat. Back in it's day race cars were fixed to do further racing. Once they become old they are sometimes forgotten, but what is the problem and difference if they are restored to former glory? Are they less original? What is original with race cars? How long can you keep a car that is being used original? In the end an engine might blow up, a transmission might explode, so new parts are used. I don't see the point, let's all enjoy the sight and sound of these wonderful machines and be happy that people take the time and money to have these cars restored (just my thoughts in general and not in particular to this forum or this car).

On # 0846 do you have the P4 body or the earlier and slightly different P3 body?

John

0846 now is restored to proper P 3/4 configuration.

Attachments

• itc_captio-18480.jpg
    itc_captio-18480.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 378
I like to congratulate you on two superb Ferraris. Please enjoy them and don't forget to bring them over to Europe every now and then.

John

Back