Party Party Party

Howard Jones

Supporter
The whole damn motley crew! Wait until next year! Gonna get a dozen cars here if it kills me!

Attachments

• HPIM0375.jpg
    HPIM0375.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 553

Howard Jones

Supporter
What do you guys think? A world wide GT40 party? How about we do this next year around the same time and I'll host the West Coast USA. Now we need a East Coast USA, Europe/UK, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa. Others? It would be really cool pictures. All on one day!

Last years "Hard Driver/Builder" award and this years winner. Your 40 has to be here to get a vote! Don't you just love the sign!

Last edited:
There were 9 40's - 1 KVA, 1 Tornado, 4 GTD's, 2 CAV Monos and 1 CAV space frame. Three were right hand drive. Gearboxes were Audi, ZF, Renault and modified renault. Now we need to get Mr. Harris with his DRB and Mr. Bill with his RCR and all you other guys around the SanFrancisco Bay area. Denis/Howard throws a good layed back get together were cars count! Thanks Denis for the third annual good time! You guys should come to the next one and see if you can become the keeper of the "silver spurs" for a year.

Ron Earp

Admin
Very nice and thanks for sharing the photos! Who's red/white car is that? I like the anti-bling crowd!:)

Really cool, I don't know if we could even get six running GT40s together on the East Coast. Certainly there are six, but probably within 1000 miles of a central location! ;)

R

Anti-bling?
I was going to say they look like a Poker Tournament on a smoko. :)

Nice Group. I love that back on group shot, it looks like LeMans. :)

Tim.

Great pictures Howard. I'm so looking forward to making it up there next year.

Did you guys go for a cruise?

Bill D

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Howard and friends,

Great pics! One GT is enough to make most heads turn. Spotting two at one time can cause damage to the muscles in the neck of near any gearhead. But NINE? In one city block?

That may have been all the 'probable cause' the CHP needed to detain and cite the whole group for speeding. While parked, of course.

Looks like it was a great get together, Howard, and terrific of you to host. Perhaps the 2007 event will include cars from other states...

Regards,

T.

Keith

Apart from Farad who you so kindly identified - is there a way you could identify the other imposing gentlemen for us?

Wow guys - what a great turn out.

Hmm, maybe we'll have to organize a SoCal GT40s.com chapter, and then
do an annual/biannual North vs. South ;)

Farhad how was the Murphy's :) ? There's a pub here on campus (I used to
manage it years ago) - both Irish stouts flow very nicely from the taps ...

Ian

Beautiful cars, guys. I'm awe struck. Now, as a non-builder I gotta ask. If I were to bring my Superformance MKI out from Chicago for next year's get together, would I fit in? So far I've made the drive down to Big Sur in each of my cars, and I'd love to do it in the GT40. (Of course, this all assumes that I HAVE the car by then.)

White40 = The Caveman Right hand steering KVA
Yellow 04 = Steve right steer Tornado
Blue Red stripe = Howard Left steer GTD and gracious host
Platinum/black gulf stripe = Alan left steer CAV Space frame
Dk.Blue/blue gulf stripe =Gt40 Bud left steer GTD from 1990
Dk. Blue/white gulf stripe = Strike 2 Left steer stn stl CAV mono ali eng. zf
Essex Wire = Chris right steer
Black Bling Mobil= CIA Infidel Fahrad right steer big wheels 347 stroker
Red/white stripes = Bob left steer stn stl CAV mono with 6 spd zf
Revolving Trophy (Chilean Silver Spurs) from Howard to "The Caveman"

Any further info needs to come from the individuals, in my opinion.
And yes we would all love to see a Super Performace arrive. Any 40 is always welcome - we are a friendly bunch even if slightly opinionated!

Howard Jones

Supporter
Dayrl, My party is a world wide GT40 Party. All who can get one here is invited to do so. Long distance drives are welcome to leave their car in my garage overnight. I will have two extra spaces in my garage. If you come out I will assist with travel arrangements. I do have one spare bedroom. Same for you Bill.

I have enough room on my street for 20 GT40s, After that we will just have to "git er done".

I saw other cameras there. Please post what you have, guys.

Ian, I would be up for a meet in the middle thing, Paso Robes? It would take a little organization but it would really be cool. Speaking of cool, springtime right?

Last edited:
Back