Pretty Car....

Ron Earp

Admin
Hey John,

could you shoot some details of the firewall, dash, and hinges for the door? I'd be much appreciated if you could. Those are bits I have to fab up and would like to see how RCR approached the solution. The car is killer, I hope to see it in person one day!!!!!!!

Ron

Ron Earp

Admin
Never mind, if you won't take a $10 tip to get Rich to bring it to North Carolina I suppose I'll pay the $10 and get some pictures instead! :)

Take some pictures if you would, I'd like to see the pins on the back, firewall, and hinge/latch stuff as well as the dash. I did fold one dash with card but I didn't like it too much, looked sharp, angular, and like it'd put a hurting on you in a off.

R

This is $10 picture FRAN sent me...I'm still living with my pictures only. Car remains in my WILL until final delivery.

Attachments

• RCR pic dash inside.jpg
    RCR pic dash inside.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 755
Additional pic of RCR LOLA in shop...........Black wheels look pretty good here but I'm getting silver rims, finally (upon delivery)...

Attachments

• RCR pic left side angle 17.jpg
    RCR pic left side angle 17.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 712
PRETTY CAR: LOLA ONE-OFF arrives at new home:

Attachments

• New Car delivered me outside.jpg
    New Car delivered me outside.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 596
  • New Car Me alone.jpg
    New Car Me alone.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 572
UPDATED PICS: In shop for "adjustments" and balancing wheels..

Attachments

• New Car back in shop front logo.jpg
    New Car back in shop front logo.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 448
  • New Car in shop Cherry corner back.jpg
    New Car in shop Cherry corner back.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 454
LOLA GOES TO THE TRACK: Today, we (mechanic & crew) took RCR LOLA to the TRACK for "testing" of engine, tires, carbs, wheels, gauges etc etc.. Car naturally drew a crowd but very few folks at TRACK at 10:00AM. We had TRACK for about an hour. I got to drive after mechanic (Legends of Rio Grande-UNSER'S RACING TEAM) took her thru paces...Still need a few "tweeks" such as carbs for 6,000 ft altitude.....
see pics...

Attachments

• TRACK under shed filling gas.jpg
    TRACK under shed filling gas.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 400
  • TRACK rolling by at distance.jpg
    TRACK rolling by at distance.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 365
  • TRACK Front-on Checking gauges and setting brakes.jpg
    TRACK Front-on Checking gauges and setting brakes.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 389
  • TRACK Rear side & checker truck.jpg
    TRACK Rear side & checker truck.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 396
Last edited:
RICHARD: Car drives like dragster. Very powerful and feels rather light in front end even with full fuel ration. Finally got brakes (all) working and now I can actually STOP. Rear-view is very limited down driver's side (RIGHT) only..a problem for street traffic. Feels like 1-2-3 G-Forces on banked track. Cool!!!

Attachments

• TRACK Front back double.jpg
    TRACK Front back double.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 350
Back