Progress of the giant - One Off Large GT40

Hey Bill:
Long time no see, I guess you have been very busy with the Giant. Looks great.
Are those Shockwaves on the suspension I see?
Should be a real attraction at the show.
Good luck
Phil

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome back Bill!

Curious what became of the belt drive differential system you made..

At one time I was considering doing something very similar with the Corvette transaxle/differential.

Welcome back Bill!

Curious what became of the belt drive differential system you made..

At one time I was considering doing something very similar with the Corvette transaxle/differential.

Hi Randy -

Check out the picture in post 37 - If I'm not mistaken, I think you can see the belt system still fitted, esp to rear n/s (uk) side - i.e. left side of picture....

Still using the belt drive. We will have an 20 inch long version in the works for our 917 it will be good for over a 1000 hp it is a 6 speed paddle shift.

Hi Bill -

Here's a couple of previous posts that might help with the posting of pictures.

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/site-questions-suggestions-comments/27619-how-post-photos-thumbnails.html

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/site-questions-suggestions-comments/13287-posting-pictures.html

Actually - reading them again, it has changed a bit, when making a post, if you scroll down below the box in which you type the words, you'll see an area marked additional options and a button marked -manage attachements.

Clicking on this button will then present you with the option to point (browse) to your folder/location where you have your photo's stored. The software will re-size them accordingly to 640x480 pixels.

Hope that helps but if you can't figure them out, mail them to me and I'll post up for you add comments.

I'm off to Donington testing now for a couple of days (hscc TVR) so wouldn't be for a couple of days though..:)

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hi Randy -

Check out the picture in post 37 - If I'm not mistaken, I think you can see the belt system still fitted, esp to rear n/s (uk) side - i.e. left side of picture....

Right you are Paul.. I had looked at Post 21 & 22 which clearly show a ZF box and thought perhaps the belt drive system may have been shelved.. I see now after looking at the other posts that you point out that I surmised incorrectly..

A couple of pics from BillE...

Sorry for delay in posting, got home 1:20am from testing TVR.

Attachments

• GT engine & trans.jpg
    GT engine & trans.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,046
  • GT PS Engine & drive Small.jpg
    GT PS Engine & drive Small.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 979
When will the Belt drive car be finished? Awsome engineeering and execution so far on all cars!

At 6ft, 210lb, I like the "larger aspect!

Is this a larger GT40? I was told that there were kits being sold for a body 180% larger than stock....What would it be called? Who makes it?

There is no kit planed at this time. There are fore under construction now five are soled. we plan on a total of 10 cars. these cars are very expensive to produce. My clients are in control of this project. They are a diverse grope, with a lot of auto industry experience. The final moulds are being produced now.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
This post is nearly 4 years old. Here is the site for the cars. The pictures there were last updated 2007. There is a link to the fellow who was going to sell these.

SuperCar Gallery

Regards Brian

They are not finished yet two of our supporters for the project can no longer contribute. One passed away and one had a reversal of Fortune that left two contributors. I could not see having them pay for the hole project and I cannot work on them full time with just 2 cars going. So they are on hold until I can get two moor sponsors. I did meet with a break company and a Tire manufacture at the SEMA show who my help. That being said we have been making progress one car has most of the body on it and 2 moor are ready to be mounted.

The fender Had my hard drive go down and did nor recover all my photos i will post what i can

Attachments

• GT fender flair.JPG
    GT fender flair.JPG
    327.8 KB · Views: 498
one is of the cobra coup i built and one should be the gt

Attachments

• MO 5 2011 rear Q.jpg
    MO 5 2011 rear Q.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 415
  • P1010099.jpg
    P1010099.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 428