Project under wraps -- W125

Jim looking at those pics of yours ( post # 154 page 8 from your build thread ) I can see that your wife has good grounds to call you as she does. Yes, Molleur how could we build without clamps and battens ?? Well I can't.

Leon, only hand tools for the wood work, hole saw, a lot of jig saw and mostly band saw . I try to cut on the left side of the pencil line, not on the right hand or across over the line.

Terry, I agree with you it does seems to resemble the ribs etc. of those balsa control line models we used to built as kids. The experience gained all those years ago plus in later years the wooden boat building plus building other mechanical projects all adds up to help me with this project.

Being a bit philosophical now. This project has similar characteristics as running a full size marathon. I have to pace myself. NO use starting flat out and running out of steam to soon.

These pics shows the side pods taking shape.

B Diaphragms  taking shape.jpg

Diaphragm with stations.jpg

Z.C.

I have finished the wooden buck and is about to start with the aluminum work.

20.jpg

But before I start with the ali, I have to somehow create extra space in the workshop. This will probably take a wee bit of time.

Z.C.

Wow ! wonderful work... If your skill in ali work is about the same than for wooden buck, your car will be world class winner ! :stunned:

hope to see you back here soon with some ali sheet in hands ! :thumbsup:

Looking very professional, I hear that some unnamed Italian company is seeking
your skills for wooden buck building!

Hi Z.C. You have been quiet for too long, need some up dates. I'm stuck in PNG for a month so need some reading and inspiration. Hope all is well and you are progressing with your project.

Cheers Leon.

Back