Racelogic and gated shifter

A quick question about the Hyd clutch on the Grav trans. Bleeding the line on clutch has been a contest. How much pedal pressure is normal ? If I have all the air out of line, the pedal seems soft. Have no idea on what is normal on this trans. I can depress pedal relatively easy with my hand. Tried to see any movement at the inspection holes on trans but nothing.

Hey Frank, Thanks for info, I must have the MC wrong for the Graz slave. I did have a G96 and went to Graz. Several changes one of them must also be the MC. Do you recall what size it takes fro the Graz ?
Thanks,
Joe

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Hey Frank, Thanks for info, I must have the MC wrong for the Graz slave. I did have a G96 and went to Graz. Several changes one of them must also be the MC. Do you recall what size it takes fro the Graz ?
Thanks,
Joe

Mine's 3/4"

Mine too. Specifically:

Tilton 75-Series Universal Master Cylinder Kits 75-750U - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing

This one (I have a spare in the trailer).

BTW, we have a Lotus Evora that has a ceramic clutch. One of those it's in or it's out jobs. We reduced the MC size by 1/8" to get more travel. Made a huge difference in pedal effort. I personally hate it (too light), but much easier to get the car going without stalling it now.

On the Sprint car we have a few brake Master Cylinders. We see the same thing, 1/8" up or down makes a very noticeable difference in effort and travel.

I have changed out the MC from .625" to the .750". Had to order some Wilwood fluid, will bleed the clutch next week. I did talk to Fran about the thing, he said the .750" was correct. Fran told me that they are building a gated shifter similar to the Audi unit. He said it will be available to all the Graz owners. I have been considering getting the Audi unit. BUT when Fran comes up with one, I'll put one on Aero & SL-C

If anyone is still looking for a used Audi R8 shifter gate(I only have the gate, Audi P/N 420713109C3Q7), I ended up with an extra one, that I don't need. I will part with it for what I paid for it (which is about a third the price of a new one), plus shipping. It's condition as shown in the photo's. The car I am working on is my RCR SLC with Graziano trans. and BMW N73 engine.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 456
  • R8 gate-d.jpg
    R8 gate-d.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 468
  • R8 gate-b.jpg
    R8 gate-b.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 451

Ron McCall

Supporter
If anyone is still looking for a used Audi R8 shifter gate(I only have the gate, Audi P/N 420713109C3Q7), I ended up with an extra one, that I don't need. I will part with it for what I paid for it (which is about a third the price of a new one), plus shipping. It's condition as shown in the photo's. The car I am working on is my RCR SLC with Graziano trans. and BMW N73 engine.

Pm sent

Any idea on when the gated shifter may be available through Fran?, I just ordered my kit and wanted to get the Audi upgrade.

Back