RC166.....ish?????

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
Early birthday pressie to myself... CB350f
1973-honda-cb-350f-6560b7529c476.jpg

Going mod it slightly to look a little more like this.....
1707500540115.jpeg

1973, MOT exempt, tax exempt, ULEZ exempt!!!!!! what could possibly go wrong..... (be quiet Frank!!!)

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Loved that bike…. I liked it better than the 750 & 500/550 as it was more nimble. Never rode the 400…. Please keep us posted!

I learned on a KZ1100LTD. Nimble or not, once bitten I couldn't live without the CCs

But the cafe racer looks like good times.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
'Bought a 6 cyl, 1047cc Honda CBX new in '79. 'Had it for exactly 25 years.
'Sold it for considerably more than paid for it! ;)

Mike Pass

Supporter
One of the few benefits of being ancient is that I was lucky enough to see Mike Hailwood on the RC166 in the Isle Of Man TT several times back in the sixties. I was in the paddock after one of the races after he had just won the 250cc TT and they were wheeling the bike away. I was amazed to see quite big chunks of tread missing from the rear tyre. Fantastic sound at full chat - sounded like someone playing an organ in the distance! Anyway here is a video that I have posted before showing the bike running and then being stripped down. A bit long and in Japanese but a good one for the geeks.
Cheers
Mike

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
Bike finally arrived Saturday started first time and involved a quick ride down the road and into the back lane, fuel cock leaks when in the 'on' position, that's job no 1 obs, speedo being replaced with a new vinyl from kph to mph (was never sold in the UK). Safely in the shed next to some sheet metal that's trying to look like a mono.....

Back