RCR-917 Photos

I think the wheelbase looks shorter because the ride height of the car in these pictures is set high... I'm assuming this is to help facilitate moving/loading the car.

You guys are too funny,

If the body was replicated from an original, which it was, and the wheels are in the arches how could the wheelbase be shorter....??

Any of you guys with an original 917's that want to bring them by and park them side by side with the RCR917 and check are more than welcome.....I know the Stoddard 917-018 has the same wheelbase for a fact...:thumbsup:

The customer specified Goodyear tyres....I recommended Avons( lower and squarer profile).....the Goodyear Bluestreaks have a very balloon like appearance....and a tall profile....
As is also stated in the captions to some of the pictures...this car is equiped with our hydraulic lift system to facilitate easy loading and unloading and also street driving in Florida....during the commercials filming..

Trust me the wheelbase is on the money...as is the body..and windshield...which cannot be said for other 917 reps available.

When the commercial airs in Europe would be my guess ...unfortunately the footage belongs to the customer so I cant post it......(or when you get yours finished.)

Last edited:
Fran, the lift system is impressive. When will you be able to back-supply others? I would really love to have it on the front of my 40.

OC,

Two more rear ends for you to compare.

Both set up for Spa. My Gulf Oil UK running on Dunlops and the Martini on Avons.

You must understand that RCR have gone their own route on chassis design and set up and what they do obviously works for them. For those of us that have stuck with the original tube frame configurations and race, the wider rims are necessary for the extreme grip required as the car settles down and "digs" itself in under fast cornering. They were soft sprung and flexing beasts !!!

The 917 concept was one of continual development and no two cars were ever the same, no matter what team, between practice and race, or in the factory. My own 917 has been developed so much over the last 4 years but with the original designs always in mind.

RCR have done their own thing and we should be always aware of that and put it in "Darwins theory of evolution or the 917s continual development theme".

Good for them and those that want a slightly more user friendly car.

Graham.

Hi Graham, you have a PM

Good for them and those that want a slightly more user friendly car.

I wanted the most true-to-original thing I could get that would still fit my 6'2" and 200 pound frame. Thanks to Fran, I can get something that will at least look VERY much the part. It ends up a bonus that it should perform better in many ways. :shifty:

Apparently there's no way I'd come close to fitting a tube-for-tube copy.

--Donnie

The only thing that I see, but maybe I'm wrong, the point is that the rear section where the body ends seem to sit high on the chassis and also the tires stick a little to far out. Maybe is due to the tire brand and model.

Back