Replicas of Gurney-Westlake Valve Covers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck

Supporter
Chris:

The Guerney - Weslake valve covers arrived in good order right on schedule. They look very good. I am anxious to see them installed. Thanks for your prompt service and and excellent product.

Chuck

Chris, I've been travelling for the last two weeks. I got home on Saturday and had a chance to open the box. They look great! Thanks very much, you have another satisfied customer.

Mark

What's the best way to finish these? I was thinking of having them power coated and then hand sanding the tops of the lettering and fins with wet/dry paper on a block. Will that work or is there a better way?

Hi John

I think the method you propose sounds like the way to go, please post some photos to show your results.

I have two sets left if anyone is interested?

Regards

Chris.

I painted mine with semi-gloss high temp engine paint:

Cobra001.jpg

And then sanded off the tops of the fins and letters. I really like how they look:

Cobra003-1.jpg

Here is the engine (not in final dress). Anyone recognize it?

Cobra012-1.jpg

Oh, a tip and clue to the engine's origin. I have a comp cam with .676 lift (1.6 rocker). No clearance issues as I am using Jesel shaft mounted rockers and they are machined to fit under standard covers. Only real issue is they are pricey!

Chris Melia,

Sent my wire to you last Tuesday for the G/W covers, and some PM's.........Have not heard back from you.

Can you make contact with me with an update please?

Hi Gary

your payment cleared within 24 hours its amazing just how quick money transfers from the USA can be.
I was out yesterday collecting a mono from the other side of the country (13 Hours of driving) We are having very wet weather for July, half the country is under water.

I will box and ship your covers tomorrow, you should get them in about 10 days.

Regards

Chris.

Chris,

Got the covers today, all in one piece, looking good!

Thanks so much, and worth the price of admission!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary

PS: Hope you are above water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back