Roaring Forties GT40 RF 109 *SOLD*

Status
Not open for further replies.

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Re: Factory built RF For Sale

Relisting the car due to previous owner backing out of the deal. While prepping for the sale/delivery. I had the car detailed, with additional work that included new tires,Battery,Mentel performance stainless foot pedels, clip hinges and door hinges. SpeedHut Speedo installed and more.. I have to highley recommend the Speedhut guages..They are FANTASTIC!. This car was a show car for parades and car show's... it is not registered. This will be your responsibility!!! Deposit will not be returned if you do not finish the purchase. After the all the upgrades I just performed for the past buyer, the price is now $60,000 Firm..If I diden't do the upgrades from the last sale the price would have been the same. Regardless...
This car is still a steal for the price..I will be posting more pictures soon on the next sunny day.

You can email me or call at [email protected] 773-526-8146
Regards

John

John B

Temp Selling Pass

Relisting the car due to previous owner backing out of the deal. While prepping for the sale/delivery. I had the car detailed, with additional work that included new tires,Battery,Mentel performance stainless foot pedels, clip hinges and door hinges. SpeedHut Speedo installed and more.. I have to highley recommend the Speedhut guages..They are FANTASTIC!. This car was a show car for parades and car show's... it is not registered. This will be your responsibility!!! Deposit will not be returned if you do not finish the purchase. After the all the upgrades I just performed for the past buyer, the price is now $60,000 Firm..If I diden't do the upgrades from the last sale the price would have been the same. Regardless...
This car is still a steal for the price..I will be posting more pictures soon on the next sunny day.

You can email me or call at [email protected] 773-526-8146
Regards

Also!!I forgot to mention this car was shown in KIT CAR MAGAZINE.

John B

Temp Selling Pass

Some folks have emailed me regarding a picture that shows a white scuff mark in the rear wheel well. This is a refelction of the flash. It is not scuffed.

Also the Crossram intake is from Morrisons in Aus.. google them. 6 Grand alone not including all the extras. Make the car sound like a F1 with neck snapping speed.
regards john

Last edited:

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Re: Factory built RF For Sale/Registration

Folks,

There seems to be alot of concerns regarding registration. Getting the car registered depends on your state. It cost from 100-200 dollars for the title registation.. Now..registration aside, You still have the pay the TAX for the purchase price from your state regardless of registration.. this is where the higher dollar amount comes to play!!! Even if I had a title, you are still subject to paying the taxes for the purchase price to get the registration change in your name. Being this car or any others you have to pay the tax. So many folks think it is to high, If you buy any high end car you have to pay the high end tax. It does not make sense for me to pay for the tax and charge you for the title change and then you have to pay again for your state tax. Being a Gt40, Porsche, Mercedes, Toyota Corolla..you have to pay the tax. Nothing is for free! You can't buy a car of this level and pay little tax..If it makes folks more happy I will pay the $200.00 title change..but You are responsible for your state tax. If you can't afford it, start looking to buy domestic car...which you still have to pay tax. Other cars for sale on this site are 65 grand+with title. When you do the title change say hello to another 2 grand or more. This is very basic and frustrating..You can't buy a GT40 and pay taxes for a Toyota

Last edited:

John,
Is the car still available? I'm 6'-4" 220 do you think I would fit?
Thanks
Kelly

John B

Temp Selling Pass

I'm 6'2 245lbs and fit comfy. Being 6'4 you fit but your left leg will bend to the left or middle of the car a little so your will be all good. Note If this is RHD car which good for taller folk. If the car was LHD there would be no way you would comfy. Your right leg will always hugging the shifter box. I suggest you try both styles. I highly recommend RHD..it is way cooler and more fun to drive and very comfortable.

Thanks for the reply

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
Re: Factory built RF For Sale/Registration

Folks,

There seems to be alot of concerns regarding registration. Getting the car registered depends on your state. It cost from 100-200 dollars for the title registation.. Now..registration aside, You still have the pay the TAX for the purchase price from your state regardless of registration.. this is where the higher dollar amount comes to play!!! Even if I had a title, you are still subject to paying the taxes for the purchase price to get the registration change in your name. Being this car or any others you have to pay the tax. So many folks think it is to high, If you buy any high end car you have to pay the high end tax. It does not make sense for me to pay for the tax and charge you for the title change and then you have to pay again for your state tax. Being a Gt40, Porsche, Mercedes, Toyota Corolla..you have to pay the tax. Nothing is for free! You can't buy a car of this level and pay little tax..If it makes folks more happy I will pay the $200.00 title change..but You are responsible for your state tax. If you can't afford it, start looking to buy domestic car...which you still have to pay tax. Other cars for sale on this site are 65 grand+with title. When you do the title change say hello to another 2 grand or more. This is very basic and frustrating..You can't buy a GT40 and pay taxes for a Toyota

John,

I understand your sentiment, but depending on the State your statement might not be wholly true. Here in NV there is no sales tax on a private sale of a titled vehicle (in state or out of state title), however a first title & registration on an MSO is subject to tax at the full new value of the vehicle (7.735% in NV).

No matter what it's still a great looking car and a good buy IMO.

John B

Temp Selling Pass

Julian,
Thanks for the comment. I have talked to many folks and I stated in previous post that it depends your state in regards for taxes. Some states have no taxes some have higher and some have lower. It just amazes me that with this level of investment folks research everything and freak out on registration. It is really a not a big deal but it is frustrating that a car of this level folks are confused about registration. To me registration is the lowest point of concern. When it come to the purchase, potential buyers are critical about the build but then freak out about the registration..I just don't get it. Registration is the easy part. Folks should be more concerned about build details..

John B

Temp Selling Pass

A certain member from Wisconsin called me interesest in buying my car. He came down and told that he was very interested and that he had to move money around to buy my car. He wanted to drive it and take to the track but with no registration I stated that I cant do that. He was asking all the right questions... even ask me what I thought of RCR. I gave him my thoughts. A couple of weeks later he emailed and told me he bought another car. I replied have fun and good luck. Well.. I looked him up on the forum and he already has a KVA since 2003. So basically JACKASS wasted my time just wanting to drive and play with somebody elses car. SOO BEWARE that any sellers that get a call from a EYE Doctor in Wisconsin that wants to take a look at the car. BEWARE Of this jackA$$. Sickning that even at this car level there are turds.

Last edited:

John,
You are pretty foolish to post those remarks here. I was a cash buyer and sincerely interested in buying your car. I asked you to take the car for a test-drive on the freeway and get the car up to temperature so that I could be sure of the handling abilities and the soundness of the motor/efi system. Your response days later was that you could not do that because the car was untitled and unregistered. I responded I would be happy to bring a truck and trailer and we could take it to a local track. Again, you failed to respond in a reasonable amount of time for a seller that WANTED to sell a vehicle.

I think you have a nice car, and to be honest I really wanted to buy it. However, I will not buy a vehicle I have not test driven no matter how good the deal. If you had responded like a reasonable person, I would have bought the car and you would have 60k in your hand. When you did not respond I realized you were not ready or willing to sell you car, so I began looking at another. As I emailed you, I bought another car from a seller that was serious.

The car I bought a week later happens to be an RCR, and I am happy with it. I have known Fran for a long time but have never seen his product up close. I think he has done a great job with his company, and as a friend I am proud of what he has accomplished. As for you, it would be best if you leave the personal accusations alone and move on with your life. You dropped the ball and acted like a fool. If you are serious about selling, act like it!
Sincerely, Dr. C.A. Scott

Last edited:

John B

Temp Selling Pass

If you crashed the car at the track or on the street who is going to be responsible? Your a Doctor..WOW! Now I know why malpractice insurance is so high.

John,
Be a big boy and insure the car. (doesnt require a license plate, may require a title) Better yet, spend the money and get the title, license, and insure it. What I do professionally has NOTHING to do with your inability to sell a car. You may as well accept reality. Making accusations and snide comments only serve to hurt your reputation and ability to sell your car here.

Have a nice day! ;o) Dr. S

EFI and a ZF in this price range is what I am looking for. I'm a cash buyer and no wife to say no to the deal. On a sub $20 car I might accept not being able drive it, and would have loaded on a transporter, but for a purchase at 3X that, just can't do that. How long have you had the car and why not titled, registered, and insured?

Bob,
Please view thread,"Jackass Member in Wisconsin Beware" in the Paddock. This should give you an idea of what/who you are dealing with. Feel free to pm me with any questions you may have.
Sincerely, Dr. C.A. Scott

John B

Temp Selling Pass

I just saw this... now he's interfering with potential buyers. WOW! And he states who you're dealing with? The last thread shows what I had to deal with. This guy is a doctor? Please folks don't let a beef between me and my past buyer interfere with your goals of owning a top rate car with for a very fair price. This guy bought a bare bones car very cheap. Bottom line he wanted my car but did not want to pay the money. This car has the best of everything. Same car to build is almost a $100,000 with the best compared to a non EFI ZF transaxle car FACTORY built NOT HOME BUILT car. All I can say is look at the car I will take you're a short ride and make your decision. Hell! I will now even give a written warranty on the motor transaxle. I can't offer anything more. If that is not enough spend a 100 grand.
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back