Roaring Forties GT40 RF 109 *SOLD*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Earp

Admin
Re: Factory built RF For Sale

Send me your email and I will send pics. This forum is to low for my pixels.
Send to

[email protected]

John,

Somewhere in your digital camera or phone menu you'll find the feature that allows you to reduce the native resolution of your photos when you shoot them. 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768 - all are sufficient for web postings.

Ron

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Re: Factory built RF For Sale new Pictures

New pictures

Attachments

• DSC00458.jpg
    DSC00458.jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 753
  • DSC00459.jpg
    DSC00459.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 696

John B

Temp Selling Pass

One or two pictures a time due to large pix.

Attachments

• DSC00467.jpg
    DSC00467.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 582

John B

Temp Selling Pass

This picture is not very good and missing the turn signal switch that is on order. The interior is in mint condition.It is lighting that makes it look faded.. but is not. I will take better pictures when the lighting is better.

Attachments

• DSC00471.jpg
    DSC00471.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 834

Those were good John, thanks. Natural outdoor light makes your car look a lot better then flash indoors. On one of the indoor, inside the cockpit pictures that I have, what is the cable (loose) that is in the foot well of the passenger's side?

This is just a "test" for John, but it shows just how tall I'm geared now that I built a motor that produces 516 lb/ft at just 2800 rpm, pushing a car that weighs 1790 lbs.

DSC01409.jpg

John B

Temp Selling Pass

I took a walk around video of the car while running so folks can hear the incredible sound. I just have to figure out how to download to Youtube and post a link. I really think these pictures will help with potential buyers. I was unable to take better pictures due to the Chicago winter snow and rainy weather. I would also like to make a video of the car on the road and download to Youtube. But the car is not Registered to drive on the road. This car was for show and parades only. Again I'm very sorry for the past threads but I think most understand what occurred. I'm selling a top quality car at a big loss. Thanks for all the support PM's.

Best John

John,

You don't need to sell me, and I'll even help create some competition for myself. YouTube would be a great way to show all, the quality build of your RF. This pic I just dl'ed to Photobucket because I always resize to something smaller. This is 3mb, and as you blow it up you can crawl all over the detail.

DSC01049.jpg

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter

I just have to figure out how to download to Youtube and post a link.

I posted my first vid to Youtube just a little while ago; it's not too hard. First thing you have to do is "join". Once that's done, as long as you have a video file in a known place on your computer it's fairly straightforward. Be patient because the upload can take awhile. At the end you decide one of three levels of "secrecy" to provide access (for example only your friends who know the vid's special URL). In your case you probably just want to make it public so it's easy for people to find by searching for "gt40" or whatever.

John B

Temp Selling Pass

I'm currently uploading a video of the car but will take 3 hours to upload GEEZ. All I need to know is how to place a link to this thread and all can see and hear the car.

J

Can't wait John. Nice looking car for sure. Sound must be incredible. Can I ask about who built the engine and cost of EFI and make?

John B

Temp Selling Pass

The engine was Built by DSS Competition racing motors. This is premier RACE engine builder in IL. I Sparred no expense over 15,000 for Dart block head machine work on and on. Folks that KNOW motors and cars know how fast cost add up in a top quality engine builds. You can google them and see their facility. The Intake system was built a custom fabricator in Australia. I don't remember the name. The cost of the intake was $5,500.00 USA alone without injectors wiring and the extras/tuning. After all the sorting close to 7 grand. It was costly but worth every dime. This is why injected cars and carb cars are a huge price difference. In my HMO they look/sound far better than Webers. But this car sound almost like a Ferrari when you hit the pedal. I believe there is only 1 other car in the USA with the same setup from the same company. However I don't think he has them running/sorted.

Best John

Last edited:

John,

What kind of file extenson is taking 3 hours to upload to YouTube? The reason I ask, if the file is too big as a MP4, you might have to convert it to AVI. I shoot with a GoPro, big MP4 files, but if it is only 2~3 minutes of video, I'll leave as a MP4, if longer, I convert. Nothing is more madning than to download for that lenght of time just to get YouTube's box saying "too big". Do you have DSL or other broadband Internet connection? If dial up, then even a small file that YouTube will accept will take that kind of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back