Roaring Forties Quick Build Kit For sale

My first post! I'm 6'4" and my Mk3 alongside with no roof bubble means my neck now has a permanent kink. Fantastic to have car supplied with panels pro fitted.
Mike

I recieved the new quick build GT while I was at the Spring Fling in Ohio. I just got around to looking it over. I gotta tell ya, this thing is good. I mean really good. It has great shut lines and the fiberglass is top notch as all RF bodys are.
Well, here are a few photos that show how good it is and how much is done already. This GT can be finished in less than 4 months even if you are not experienced at building.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 40239-CenterconsoleQuickBuild.jpg
    40239-CenterconsoleQuickBuild.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 432
Bulkhead....
I guess now you have to click onto the word "ATTACHMENT"
in the box above this post to see the picture. Which sucks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I liked it better when the picture was in the post.

Attachments

• 40242-RearBulkheadQuickBuild.jpg
    40242-RearBulkheadQuickBuild.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 500
Hello Hershal,
I agree, having to click on the attachment is onerous. Does this save file space on Ron's server? It would seem this is a clear step backwards! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Hey Ron,
You fixed it !! way to go. Now I can see them pictures in my post. Sorry for the comment. I had no idea it was a technical problem. I should have e mailed you first.
You do a great job here and you do it for free. I'll make my next donation a double. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JUST A GUESS..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR) is an optical surface sensing technique that utilizes a thin film of metal (called a "Surface Plasmon" or SP) on the surface of a waveguide. "The SP can be described as an oscillation of electrons on the surface of a solid," typically a conductor such as Au, Ag, Cu, Al, Pt, Ni, Co, Cr, V, W or even a semiconductor." [1]

An apparatus known as a Kretschmann prism is often used for SPR sensors. It uses a prism to couple some light to the SP film and reflect some to an optical photodetector. A biological sample is placed on the metal film surface. As this layer changes, the refractive index of the metal film/biosample pair changes, causing less (or more) light to strike the photodetector.

Optical fiber or planar waveguides can be used instead of the Kretschmann prism. But all three use the evanscent wave, which is created by total internal reflection, to excite the SP. It is the excited SP that can affect the index of refraction of the waveguide.

How did I do???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Crikey Fran!
And here I was thinking it was something to do with Y chromosomes, glass ceilings and knee jerk reactions. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tim.

Howard Jones

Supporter
The reaction that happens when you tell(ask) the wife you are going to build a GT40 in the garage. The triangle is her brain, The GT40 idea is the red line . And the crap above the line is, well you know what it is.

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Are you another Pantera owner looking for a 40? Mine is number 1826. Is yours is 1889?

I was told this kit was sold when I inquired with Robert and Hershal a while back.

Ron Earp

Admin
Think I missed that Fran, nice job!!! Now I need to send something up your way!

Yes, that car was sold as far as I remember.

Ron McCall

Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
Are you another Pantera owner looking for a 40? Mine is number 1826. Is yours is 1889?

I was told this kit was sold when I inquired with Robert and Hershal a while back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

Correct! 1889 is a black'71 with 17" Team III Halibrand wheels and a 650+hp dry-sump Nascar engine.Do you have pics of your Pantera?

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Yes. If you e-mail me, I can send some. I don't want to clog the board with off-topic images, but I'd love to see yours too. Mine's very original. Not likely to stir you considering what's under your hood! See my avatar for a sample.

So what type of 40 are you looking for? I think the RF looks like the one for me, as long as I can find a bit more $$$, as I don't want to have to part wiith any current rolling (thundering-in the case of the Pantera) stock...

Back