Scheming and Planning....New member from the midlands, UK

Hi all,

Finally joined after many hours of reading the build logs! On the hunt for a new project and the GT40 looks to be it; I had considered a Lamborghini Diablo replica but the GT is definately the way to go!

Just researching the kit options at the minute, Think the way forward will be Tornado; Already sent a couple of quick emails to Andy, and I'm hoping to pay him a visit shortly to just make sure I can fit in the beast!

The majority of such a project 'I' feel is within my capability; I studied motorsport engineering at university, and have experience on road car / single seater race prep etc. The only thing that worries me is bodywork prep! All my money has been going on mountaineering and travel recently, and I'm feeling the need to head back to the car world!

Look forward to speaking to you all in the future, and well done on some awesome build logs! really inspirational for getting a 40 of my own and making a damn good job of it!

Best Regards to all,

Matt

Welcome Matt, enjoy the journey, and I'm sure you'll get a message from Max, but why not join the GT40 Enthusiasts club? go to a few shows (if you haven't already) and talk to a few owners and check out their cars. It will give you a few good ideas of what you might want to do with your build and possibly what not to do as well.
Lots of useful info on this site too with a wealth of knowledge from some very clever guys (me not included).

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Matt,

I'll second Chris' suggestion to join the GT40 Enthusiasts Club. There are numerous benefits such as access to the Members Area of the Website, 4 editions of the Club magazine Fortyfication per year, reduced rates for many events, access to the Club's Technical Team etc.

There is a regular meeting near you, 1st Tuesday of the month (next week). Meeting from 7:30pm @ The Toby Carvery Stonebridge Island, CV7 7HL.

Cheers,

Max

Matt,

There is a regular meeting near you, 1st Tuesday of the month (next week). Meeting from 7:30pm @ The Toby Carvery Stonebridge Island, CV7 7HL.

Cheers,

Max

Hi Max,

Thanks for that, will get it sorted tomorrow to join! Would love to get over to that meeting next week, anybody in particular to look out for? Kind of surprised there's enough people for local monthly 40 meets!

Hi Matt

Welcome mate, good to hear you've decided on a GT40, must have been that trip over to mine when you picked up the Supra calipers :).

I've just sent you a message with some info as you requested and feel free to get in touch with me if you need more help. Also if you want to come over to my place again and have a poke around the car your more than welcome. I'd also recommend going to the Tornado factory and speak to a few owners to get a feel for the cars and an idea of the work involved.

Have you sold your Supra then?

Trev

Hi Max,

Thanks for that, will get it sorted tomorrow to join! Would love to get over to that meeting next week, anybody in particular to look out for? Kind of surprised there's enough people for local monthly 40 meets!

Max, I sent you an email the other day about renewing my membership, don't know if you got it?

Also am I right in thinking the club is running a 18months for the price of 12 offer? If so Matt might be worth checking you can get this offer too when you sign up.

Trev

Ha Matt,
Glad to see your considering a GT40 and welcome, nothing wrong with buying a good kit from one of the replica manufactures but you mite also think about giving an orphan a good home and a chance to live again, that's what I did and yes it was a challenge but I think the results were worth it. That's just my 2 cents good luck in what ever you decide on as long as it has GT40 written on it you cant go wrong!!
Bob

Back