Schumacher in coma

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Good news indeed.. I truly hope that the Champion will be able to have some semblance of a normal life as he heals...

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Not much information, is there? I am glad he is better, if he is indeed better, and hope he recovers even more. I don't know what the endpoint is here.

Good news indeed.. I truly hope that the Champion will be able to have some semblance of a normal life as he heals...

Thats my take on it Randy, to come out the other side like a cabbage would be a terrible thing. I just hope the lack certified information is not covering up a horrible truth and that progress is being made.

Bob

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Jim,
I agree that nothing much has changed except the location of his bed. If indeed he has come out of the coma that the doctors initially induced, nothing else has seems to have changed. Hope for the best but fear for the worst.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
They are playing it close to the chest, and I understand that. I also understand their desire for privacy.

They might, however, think about the millions of fans who really love this guy and supported his racing endeavors for quite a long time. It wouldn't hurt the family to allow a little information out. Essentially what they let out here was what any good investigative journalist or papparazzi would have likely figured out anyway.

Comments?

BTW, I think the induced coma was over a long time ago. If he is still comatose, it is because of the brain injuries themselves.

Jim,

I am guessing that Michael has broken out of his brain injury-induced coma and is conscious to some extent (his Glasgow Coma score won't be disclosed to us for sure). Whether he is aware, able to comprehend or respond, or able to display muscle movement beyond spinal reflexes.....anybody's guess. And that I would suppose is why minimal verifiable news comes from the family. You and I have seen many "miracles" but also many very poor outcomes and I hope Michael sees the former. To a limited extent, the brain can re-establish neuronal connections. But the key words are "to a limited extent".

Keith

According to 'other' sources he has extremely limited communication via his eyes only.

Very long way away from anything 'normal' and I quite understand why the family are keeping a low profile. However, the day he (hopefully) speaks his first word since the accident, is a day I'm quite sure, the family will be certain to share with his millions of well-wishers.

At the moment I am guessing it's a 'nil return.' Nothing to report.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Apparently someone has stolen Michael's medical files from the Grenoble hospital.
They are being offered to the media for €40,000. According to his manager.
Hope they get the low life and throw away the key.

Apparently someone has stolen Michael's medical files from the Grenoble hospital.
They are being offered to the media for €40,000. According to his manager.
Hope they get the low life and throw away the key.

Thats really sick Pete, these bottom feeders deserve a good kicking.

Bob

AND, they should stomp any media co. that would purchase & run the data too - (would the purchase of this be considered "buying stolen goods" in Australia?)

Dave

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I would think so Dave, but any media outlet that was low enough to publish it would say they didn't pay for it and would not divulge the source. Then they would say "freedom of the press" public interest and all the other crap they come up with to justify being bastards.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Well they deserve a swift judicial kick to the balls, if they buy his records and publish them. It's disgusting. Not only that, they ought to jail anyone who publishes them, and squeeze out the name of the fucker that copied the records. What a low thing to do, there's no worse, unless it's photographs of the patient.

Charlie Farley

Supporter
It just shows there is no limit to where filth inhabits,
presumably the person that elicted this information,
also took the Hippocratic Oath.
But then again, history shows us that many have put their
trust in Quacks.

Back