SILVERSTONE

Apologies for my first post - I'm having some problems working out how to attach pics ! Anyway, I'm a photographer with heaps of GT40 shots from around the world, and thought I might share them with the board. Tips please on how to attach pics ....

www.fluidimages.co.uk

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
ROADRUNNER

See
http://www.gt40s.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/35392/an/0/page/0#35392

It explains one way to post pictures.

Another is to first ensure your picture matches the size requirements.

2) Do a post or reply to a post
3) add some text - it will not accept a photo without something.
4) Click continue (ensure I want to preview my post and/or attach a file is ticked
5) Review tho post, and then use the browse button to select your jpeg file
6) Select "OK Submit"

Picture loaded

Welcome aboard

Ian

Here we go :

DSCF0248.jpg

DSCF0035.jpg

LOTS MORE AT : www.fluidimages.co.uk

The first race at Silverstone on the Sunday was interesting because of the relative performance of the drivers. Jackie Oliver in the Gulf car came third and at one point held the fastest lap while McLaren designer Adrian Newey came 13th in his GT40.

But the greatest contrast between an ex-formula one driver and a decent amateur pedlar came during the pit stops. Newey came in just ahead of Oliver and they left the pits together, with Oliver about 50 yards behind. When they came round at the end of the lap Oliver was about 4 seconds ahead! Newey won the 'Gentleman Driver' award so is not too shabby behind the wheel...

There have been a number of stories over the years about just how quick a top driver really is. For instance Last year at Silverstone the ex-Jody Scheckter Wolf formula one car qualified on pole for the GP event. Scheckter was there and was invited to have a go in the car - which he had not sat in for at least 20 years... On his 3rd lap he equalled the pole time set by the car's regular driver and then went more than a second quicker...

I have never been in a car driven by a top driver. Has anyone else?

@Roadrunner: checked out your website, but was not able to locate further GT40 pictures - where did you hide them?

[ QUOTE ]

I have never been in a car driven by a top driver. Has anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of you old Can Am fans may remember a driver named Ron Dikes. He took me for a hot lap in a GT40 at Riverside during pratice for the 69' Can Am race. I remember him going almost flat out through turn 9 at the end of the straight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Chris Kouba

Supporter
I had to drive my desk last weekend but was thinking of playing hookey and attending. I have a good friend who is active in the administration for the big races at PIR and can do the ticket hook up too. Alas, the call to the cubicle was too hard to ignore... Sometimes I hate being responsible.

You haven't revealed the secret GT40 pictures' location yet though. I stumbled across a few of them but where are the rest? Are they online?

Chris

Back