Sir John Surtees meets the GD T70 at Goodwood

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
It would be really helpful if you could send a picture of you...and perhaps your wife, so we could clear up this confusion.....

(not that I am after a piccie of your wife or anything!)

This whole episode reminds me of an old Kinks song :

"Lola.....L.O.L.A.....Lola"

rockonsmile

Please Please send me a correct email address for some one to post these pics then all will be revealed.

Thanks Samantha

Sorry for the confusion I seem to have caused

here you go

Steve (Samantha) is the chap in the middle wearing red. Sir John is the chap gesturing.

Adrian (chap in green) owns the grey lola you can just see on the right of the photo under the paddock cover.

I am the chap just behind the blond, (my cob is in the paddock also to the left)

Attachments

• t70%20goodwood%20006[small].jpg
    t70%20goodwood%20006[small].jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 763
Okay I Have sent Ron Harper 3 more pictures, It will take about 1 hour to reach you please be patient.

Yes the car had to be altered slightly so I can fit in okay,this one only has one roll over bar but is braced from behind giving me the much needed space.

Regards Steve. Not Samantha,

My wife does drive the T70 too .

Not being an old bugger (yet) I find it hard to connect senior citizens with what they used to do.
So here's a picture of the good Sir in his prime, before he got all soft and took to cars :D
surtees340.jpg

Mike Pass

Supporter
Change the pic size to 640x480. If you have Microsoft Office try the following.
Click on Start. Click on programs. Click on MS Office . Click on Office tools. Click on Microsoft Office Picture Manager to load it up. Select on the pic you want then find the blue exprt picture on the rt hand side. Use the selection boxes to choose Large web 640x480 and where you want to put the reduced size pics.
Otherwise find a suitable free file change program from the internet or a tame nerd!
Hope this helps...
Cheers
Mike
PS Who exactly is Samantha????

a few more........

Attachments

• t70%20goodwood%20003small.jpg
    t70%20goodwood%20003small.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 623
  • t70%20grille%20003.jpg
    t70%20grille%20003.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 604
  • t70%20goodwood%20001small.jpg
    t70%20goodwood%20001small.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 620
wuferly stuff, such will be the colour scheme on my spider. ( which could be worked on if daimler sp 250 owners would leave me to my own devices. steve
ps has anyone sorted a full screen for a full (org. ) body width car ????????. could help me in pulling the chicks .

Malcolm

Supporter
Not being an old bugger (yet) I find it hard to connect senior citizens with what they used to do.
So here's a picture of the good Sir in his prime, before he got all soft and took to cars :D
surtees340.jpg

And to think Roy Smart (GTD owner and club chair) used to race bikes against Surtees in this period and when Brands Hatch used to circulate in the opposite direction to todays races! Roy once told me the story when they both had tumbled off at the same corner and sat chatting on the tyre wall. John was not keen to go back to the pits as his Dad was going to give him a right ear bashing for falling off. Sat the race out with Roy which Roy enjoyed knowing already that Surtees was a name for the future.

hey guys , im serious about the screen, has anyone had thought on this --- similar to the gtd but for the full size car. fran -- u must have looked at this . regards steve. ps forget the chicks comment .

Back