Sir John Surtees meets the GD T70 at Goodwood

:DI enjoyed the story too malcolm,

Whats the story about the Screen & Full Size car? Interested to be educated.

The screen on my car makes it a pleasure to drive, Awsome aerodynamics, the wind just flows over, not had the bottle to push the car over 200MPH Just yet. but have been close.

This car is awsome to drive, The best aggressive adrenalin rush I can afford & I am sure it will give any supercar a run for its money.

As regards Cost, Think of a baby Aston Martin, & you are not far away.

Samantha.

hi sam, the GD is somewhat smaller than the org.fat assed mother i have the org. sized body . Seeing it rains here ( sometimes a blessing )'twould be great to have a screen with wiper ( cant do dat wif a polycarb deflector as per org.
regards steve

The GD body was copied from the Heritage body and has pretty much the same nose, doors, side pods, and cowl but with a different larger windshield and a smaller narrower rear bonnet.The chassis is similar to the Heritage but the suspension is different.
The Heritage body is also the basis for several other Lola T70 replica bodies.
The funny thing is that the Heritage body was made from scratch by studying models.
This is the original Heritage body...

attachment.php

Interesting, I was told the car was copied from the heritage body & altered to enable it to be road legal, I did not realise the heritage was made up by studying models?

How diferent is the suspension?

I will try & get a visit to Lola & have a look at the heritage T70 in the flesh

The attachment looks the same as the GD Body? is this what the mold was made from?

Thanks for the above info.

Samantha.

mmm mmmm, could someone measure the gd body ie width c/l to c/l fuel fillers, width front wheel arch and rear w/ arch. cockpit i/d. ( door /door), and max width of screen( near fuel caps)
ta steve

There is "Lola-Heritage" and there is "Heritage Lola".
The Heritage body has nothing to do with present day Lola Cars INT. The Lola-Heritage T70s are different and are/will be built to exact 1960s specifications.
The Heritage Lola was built by Heritage Engineering with assistance from Lola Cars LTD.,in 1989 or so. The car was refered to by Lola as a T70, but was actually constructed at Heritage Engineering.
Three were made, or at least 3 chassis.
The cars were constructed with original style suspension originally.
One of them was modified by the chassis shop with a more advanced suspension geometry. This car was driven by John Paul Jr. at the vintage support race for the4 12 hours of Sebring in 2006 and finished 3rd coming from 22nd starting position.
It is fast with 680hp and a Hewland. It bogs down at 180...
SVRA, Johan Woerheide<br>'66 Lola T70H

Steve, The mearsurments of the GD body, rear wheel arch to wheel arch 68.5" Front wheel arch to wheel arch 67" Windscreen width 44" Inside cockpit near screen door to door 34.25" Rear 40.25"

Hope this helps?

back again ( had to use calculator mm to in.) rear arch 74.5" ( has softer flares so may be a little wider than org. )front arch 67.9." screen max width of mounting " chanel " 48". doors a bit harder to spec as the shape of r/h door has been relieved for shoulder/ elbow room. goes vert.down from side screen fittng where as the l/h tapers in nicely. so the screen is a lot narrower on the gd. and makes for a racey look . thanks steve. ps any idea what the wheel rates are and how hard does the demon ride ? Ta

Hi, running tyre pressure at 23lb front & back, running just a standard softish spring setting, very nice ride on mitchlin PS2 not hard at all.

However the car is going back to Gd to have the car set up for the track , so harder springs shocks, Stronger roll bars, different break pads, More ventillation vents ect.

realy too much of a beast on the road, so looking forward to using it to it best pottential on the track, Push the throttle down hard, hold the wheel streight & it is realy warp factor 1 scotty. the sound track is awsome too.

GIMMMEEE some more news on this demon, christ thats a lot of hp for the road. update please. ps , by wheel rates i ment the calculated spring rates at the wheel. With all different susp. arm lengths and set up the same springs can acually be a mountain different in their application. Ta steve

Back