SLC 001 Build

Caleb may not have mentioned the next manifold that we have been working on with him...lower profile and will fit the SL-C with far fewer mods..

Nope. He didn't mention anything to me. I checked out the manifolds that were there, including the one that is in the pics on this site, and they are absolutely beautiful. Definitely some real high quality components!

Not too much to report - If you were following my Accusump plumbing questions in a different sub forum you will have seen this. If not, here is the start of the installation. I need to make some spacers to hold the remote filter housing off the upper cross bar .500 inch and fabricate a lower canister bracket.

Attachments

• 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 446
  • 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 476
  • 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 477
Some intake options I collected while at SEMA. The Borla, the Holley, the Lingenfelter Magnuson rear drive system and Caleb with his Monster.

And a teaser on the main color of my car....of course I change my mind almost by the day on color :)

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 740
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 714
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 748
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 720
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 661
I wondered who would come up with a reversed "wheezer". The off-side idler reverses the SC spin back to "normal". :thumbsup:

That lingenefelter kit is a STANDARD OPTION from ALL of the roots style blower companies. All he did was RE-PACAKGE something that was ALREADY OFFERED (just have to check out the site and view options or call direct) and put their name on it and increase the price! The rest of the stuff is awsome!!!

The value add on the L stuff is the belt drive front or rear. Wider belts are needed for higher boost levels and L offers various front dress setups and belt widths to accommodate such.

I know that virtually all SC's fitted to the LS use the "jack shaft" to put the intake forward, but I thought I saw a second idler that reversed the rotation of the sc vanes. I figured you could then reverse the sc on our mid-engined cars to put the intake to the rear.

Mike Downs already took up the challenge to test the fitment of the magnacharger in the GTM.

IMG_1846.jpg

IMG_1873.jpg

GTM with MagnaCharger - FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum

I imagine it would fit better in the SL-C without having the belt right next to your head. It'd be cheaper to get it straight from Magnusson considering it's already setup perfectly for a mid-engined car in stock non-LPE trim, no? Can probably put a bigger belt on as needed. Just change the R-Dimension here.

http://www.magnusonproducts.com/mp23006thgen.htm

Last edited:
Not too much to report - If you were following my Accusump plumbing questions in a different sub forum you will have seen this. If not, here is the start of the installation. I need to make some spacers to hold the remote filter housing off the upper cross bar .500 inch and fabricate a lower canister bracket.

Funny, I was looking at oiling systems this weekend and emailing with Bill Dailey asking about a couple of his new products.

You're using the Accusump for hard cornering on a wet sump setup, correct?

I was looking at accumulators for engine start-up purposes.

I was looking at Peterson's new Remote Filter Mount w/ Priming Pump and wondering if they were ever going to release one with an electric motor on it or how hard it would be to fit one yourself. It looks like it may be a bit more expensive of an option though.

Peterson Fluid Systems : Spin On Filter Mounts

Mike Downs lives only a few miles from me - although I have never talked to him or seen his car. Did he actually install that blower?

The color is not House of Color, it's from a boutique color house. I don't recall the company name at the moment.

My car is a wet sump and I hope my Accusump never does much but pre-oil the engine. In my case it is there just in case, I'd rather have it and not need it....

Yeah he did but it was just a feasibility test. He didn't actually use it on his build.

I didn't get much interest from the group, so I decided it wasn't feasible to go through the trouble to produce a kit. My original intention was to evaluate the MagnaCharger as a future option from my GTM and I think that I've shown it is. I sent the evaluation unit back and I'm currently working to finish my car for the summer. I have no plans at this time to return to MagnaCharger kit development.

If you wanna see more pics you should visit his sight:

Mike Downs' GTM Build

If you're gonna run your car on the track as you said, it sounds like the accumulator will help you out there as well. I definitely agree with the "have it and not need it" ideology. That's one of the reasons I've also looked at the prices for fire suppression systems recently too see how much cost that would add to the build.

"That's one of the reasons I've also looked at the prices for fire suppression systems recently too see how much cost that would add to the build."

Much less expensive than Burn-Unit medical expenses....:thumbsup:

"That's one of the reasons I've also looked at the prices for fire suppression systems recently too see how much cost that would add to the build."

Much less expensive than Burn-Unit medical expenses....:thumbsup:

True, I also figure a $100k car is worth the $500 investment.

Lamborghini-Gallardo-Fire-Athens-0.jpg

Just don't pull a Leno. He put a fire suppression system on a Cobra replica. He was worried a passenger might pull the trigger on it so he hid it beside his seat. One day stuck in traffic he thinks what is this by my seat and pulled the trigger.

Anybody who saves the 400 odd dollars it cost to put a fire system in their 100K car is an idiot....period.

I disagree. I've seen several times on cobra forums where people's fire suppression systems have exploded .... ain't no way I'm taking that risk, lol.

If the car catches on fire it catches on fire; that's what insurance is for.

Things are a little slow around here since the holidays, so I will attempt to stir the Clubhouse pot with post and pics.

Earlier in the engine room saga I didn't have enough plumbing in place to forecast an upcoming conflict the coolant line and fuel filler pipe were going to have. This turf war necessitated a recontouring of the fuel pipe to alleviate the tension between players in the engine room.

Because the builder (me) is none-too-fond of squirming around head first in a footbox, he decided to make the center dash support removable, this modification may keep him from getting stuck down there in some future pedal/slave cylinder emergency. Really makes access much easier. Speaking of pedals there was an upgrade for Christmas to the Tilton pedals, fortunately this did not require a remake of the pedal's adjustable slider base as there was just enough mounting hole pattern offset to drill the new holes.

Finally, a tab was welded to the blind side of the battery box in order facilitate a tab-and-slot mounting action on the blind side of the box. This allows the assembly to slide into place and secure on the front side without needing to reach around in the back to bolt it down.

Long term ease of serviceability.

Happy New Year Gents.

Attachments

• DSCN5599.jpg
    DSCN5599.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 577
  • DSCN5612.jpg
    DSCN5612.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 566
  • DSCN5602.jpg
    DSCN5602.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 578